Chapter Forty Two

Three days after annulling the engagement with Heir Xie, the sky was beautiful. It was still that good day of a bright and brilliant spring.

The capital was filled with various rumors. Jiang Ningbao only smiled and had good sleep.

She had received her older brother's letter and also the star origami her older brother made for her. Jiang Ningbao looked at this star origami and laughed warmly and brilliantly.

This star origami was related to the memory they had together.

She still remembered when her brother was five years old and she was three, he said: Little sister, what do you like, big brother will give you.

Jiang Ningbao laughed on the spot and felt that her older brother was very cute. Coincidentally, it was night  and the sky was filled with stars, so she pointed to the sparkling star in the sky and teased him, "I like the star in the sky."

The little five years old shouta, her older brother, stared at the stars in the sky, stunned. He then wailed and cried.

"Little sister, big brother is useless, not able to give you the stars you like."

In the end, Jiang Ningbao taught her older brother how to make star origami.

It was unknown if it was because of the star matter, but her older brother had an obsession. Every year, he would send her the star origamis he folded himself. On these star origamis, there would be various kinds of decorative patterns and designs.

Very beautiful.

Jiang Ningbao stopped thinking about it and poured out the star origamis inside the jar onto the table. When looked closely, every star origami had its own decorative patterns.

The more she looked, the wider her smile.

Maybe good things come in groups. When she woke up from her nap, Jiang Ningbao received the invitation Old Madam Xie sent, making her heart felt more at ease. It seemed that it was as Butler Zhao said, Old Madam Xie should be satisfied with her.

"Chun Xi, we'll go to Duke Ding Residence tomorrow."

"Lady, you.....you will really go to Duke Ding Residence tomorrow?" Chun Xi put the food box and took out a few delicate snacks the main kitchen made. She asked with hesitation.

"That's right. This is the invitation Old Madam Xie gave herself. We might even meet Duke Ding." Jiang Ningbao waved the invitation card in a good mood, her brows showed her smiles.

She was really looking forward to the meeting tomorrow.

Chun Xi was not that happy. Once she thought that her lady would go to Duke Ding Residence and might meet Duke Ding, her heart was filled with worry. If something happened to the lady, how could she explain it to the third young master?

But seeing her lady happy, she only moved her mouth and did not say anything in the end. She, a servant, could not change the master's matter, but telling others was another thing.

"Lady, when this servant came back, I heard the old servants saying that an official matchmaker came. This seems to be for the fifth lady."

Jiang Ningbao retracted her smile and silently sighed that such a day had come. This was Jiang Mingyao's and Xie Jinghui's destiny.

"It should be the official matchmaker sent by Xie family's second branch. Fifth sister is the same age as me. If she does not get an engagement, it might be late later."

"It's actually Xie family's second mistress....."