nine | real life ; insta ; imessage

disclaimer ! mason has been aged down to 20 !

-

vivienne was expecting a calm, undulating evening. one riddled with soft chatter, obnoxious laughter and ended with a full stomach.

yet what she was not prepared to experience was the nauseating sensation of her belly plummeting into the depths of her guts, body turning to stone as if medusa herself stood before her.

but it was mason. in all his trauma inducing, yet completely gratifying glory. in a span of 4 years, he had, quite beautifully, matured into his body. face precisely sculptured, smile glowing with age and mischief.

it hurt. it fucking hurt to see him again. and she was sure her face was showing it because as soon as her eyes bore into his, the grin that graced his face disappeared.

he was getting up. slow, unbelieving. eyebrows raised as creases scoured into his forehead. his friends' attention was now on him.

and trent.

he looked fucking mortified. the sight hurt her. she knew they had nothing but unsaid attraction but his eyes spoke more. as if mason was taking something from him. again.

mason. he was nearing her, it was now a fight or flight response. and at that point, vivienne's feet had a mind of their own. she turned around, speed walking out the door. the humid air was suffocating and that on top of every single moment that she had with mason whizzing back into her head, was too much. tears stung her eyes and she furiously rubbed them away, walking faster as she heard mason's feet get closer.

"vivienne!"

she's running. but mason's faster, legs fueled by adrenaline and muscle. she's within an arm's reach now and his hands shot out, grabbing her by the bicep. the feeling made her heart jump, but she slapped his touch away.

"don't fucking touch me, mason!"

the venom that strangled her voice hit him like a punch.

"can we talk... please?" he was begging, just for another chance. to show her that she meant every single thing to her.

her reaction was sour, bitter. it's a sight that almost made mason gag.

"talk?! you want to fucking talk?! and i tried all those years ago but you didn't even fight for it mason."

her lips were quivering. vivienne didn't cry in front of people.

"i know, i know! okay? and i'm so sorry."

they could both hear their friends running towards them. but it was hard to care, especially when their ex-lover stood in front of them.

vivienne cackled; it was taunting but the underlying pain was evident.

"sorry? nah, bruv you can miss with that bullshit. i tried so hard, but you knew where your priorities lied and who was i to stop you, hm?"

her response garnered no words from the second party. he knew had had no right to be  speaking to her, to plead for forgiveness because he didn't deserve it. not one bit.

"that's what i thought."

her side clashed into his as she stormed back the opposite way, towards the restaurant.

but he couldn't move.

4 years of not seeing her. and now he finally realised the extent of what he let go.

-

viviennevangogh