006

Esmè sat in her flat and groaned. She felt terrible. She had been throwing up all morning. And she hated it.

She knew how she and Max had been avoiding each other about the whole baby situation. But she knew that they could only do that for so long.

Esmè knew that she was pregnant. She knew they couldn't change that now. But she knew that she had to talk to Max.

She knew how they had a decision to make and how it wasn't easy.

Esmè stood in the kitchen. She groaned. She was trying to fight the feeling of nausea again as she heard a knock at the door.

She answered it. She smiled as she saw Grace. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

Grace looked to her and smiled. "You're my best friend. I'm allowed to pop in unannounced. BesidesI got you some ginger biscuits. They help with the nausea," she said.

Esmè looked to her and smiled. "You're an angel. Do you know that. I don't know what I'd do without you," she said.

Grace smiled. "Do you know what you want to do with the baby?"

"I haven't spoken to Max."

Grace looked to her and rolled her eyes. "No I asked what you wanted to do. Not Max. This is your body. And it's your life that will change if you keep it. I'm not saying it will change for the worse. But things won't be easy," she told her.

Esme nodded. "I know. I'm just scared I guess. I know I need to talk to Max. I'm not letting him run away from this. As he hopes it disappears." 

****

Esmè got work. She walked into Max's office. He looked to her and smiled. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Esmè sighed and smiled. "I'm okay. I need to talk to you. I'm pregnant. And we are both avoiding the subject. I need to talk about what I am going to do," she said.

Max looked to her and nodded. "I don't know if I can be a good dad," he told her.

Esmè sighed. "I get that you're scared Max. But you could be a great dad. I think I am going to have this baby. But I don't want to do it alone," she said.

Max nodded. "You're not alone. I don't know we are going to do it. But you're having my baby. And I'm not going to let you do it alone," he said as Esmè looked to him and smiled.

Feeling grateful.

****

Esme sat in her classroom. She smiled as she placed a hand on her stomach.

She knew how she was pregnant. She knew she was going to have a baby. She knew how scary it was.

Esmè knew how she wanted it. She wanted to have the baby. But she knew how this was going to be the most scariest thing that she ever did. She knew how Max said he'd be there.

But she knew that none of it was easy at all. Esmè just hoped that they could make it work.