The One In Which Harry's Lunch Returns

"...Draco, I'm fine! You really don't need to hold me up like this!" Harry protested with a frown, pushing his hair back weakly. The two had finally reached the Potions Dungeon after a rather lengthy walk due to their bickering and Draco's constant chasing after Harry when the dark haired boy managed to squeeze out of his hold.

The blond boy raised his eyebrows disbelievingly in response. "So you weren't about to collapse halfway here? Right.. Even if you don't want me to, your opinion is irrelevant to me. Stop being so stubborn."

"Says you—"

"At least I know there's a time and place to be more humble-,"Draco snarked back but was interrupted by the door of the Potions Classroom opening without warning.

The eyes of their fellow housemates and the Gryffindor First Years were trained on them, which would have been enough to make even Draco feel unsettled under their curious gazes but the blond boy's voice died in his throat when he met the dark eyes of one Professor Snape.

"Malfoy ... and what do we have here? Mr Potter, our resident... celebrity. Thought it'd be a good idea to influence Mr Malfoy to skip class on the first day, hm?"

Harry pursed his lips, trying to swallow the anxiety bubbling up his throat. "N..No, sir! I just had a bit of a problem—"

"And I helped him. He was feeling ill, Professor,"Draco cut in smoothly. He blinked in surprise, remembering the sick note Quirrell had scribbled out for this very reason.

He dug around in his pocket and pulled the note out , triumphant. "See?"he said , holding it up.

"What does a piece of paper do to prove your point?"

Draco fought the urge to roll his eyes. "It's a sick note written by the Professor from our previous lesson, sir. We had Defence and Harry was ill during the lesson. If he feels worse, I'm meant to take him to the Hospital Wing."

Harry glanced at Draco. He hoped the floor would open up and swallow him whole at this point. This is the second lesson he's ruined and brought attention to himself !

Everyone most likely think him weird or attention seeking if they hadn't at the beginning. He could just imagine it. Harry Potter, The Boy Who Made Everything About Him, That freaky crybaby who couldn't even stomach a new environment , the weirdo weakling who always turns the atmosphere sour. We can't even get through a single lesson with that freak.

Perhaps the Magical World wasn't for him if everything his uncle said would soon be proved true.. The bitter taste at the back of his throat made him want to gag at the thought of Vernon being correct about anything.

Harry's train of thought was interrupted when he heard the Potions professor hum in thought.

Professor Snape stared at the both of them with a frown, searching for the hint of a lie. When he found none, he sighed.

"Potter?"He asked with a less harsher tone.

"Yes, sir?"

"Are you well enough to sit through this lesson? You may leave if you need to."

"Yea, I don't fancy having chunks of throw up on me, y'know," Tracey muttered but not low enough for Hermione and Daphne to miss it.

For the second time that day, Tracey Davis was hit over the head with a thick textbook. Not only by Hermione, but by Daphne as well.

She stifled her yowl when she met Snape's glare , choosing to slink down in her seat and willing the ground to swallow her whole.

The Potions professor opted to not even make a remark, opting to turn his attention back to Harry and Draco.