Friends ?

Ayanokoji's Perspective:

I had always wondered what it would be like to lead a normal life, to have friends, go to school, and fit in. It was something I had never really experienced before, but now I was living it.

I sat at the back of the bus, staying out of the way. There was some noise up front, but I didn't pay much attention to it until a blonde-haired girl asked if someone would give up their seat. A woman at the front stood and offered hers, and I looked around to see what everyone else was doing.

To my right, a girl with black hair was reading a book titled *Crime and Justice*. The seat beside her was empty. She noticed me looking and gestured for me to sit beside her. I accepted her invitation and sat beside her, realizing that she was quite beautiful.

"Have you read this book before?" she asked.

"Yes," I replied. "If I may ask, What's your name?"

"Horikita Suzune," she said. "And yours?"

"Ayanokoji Kiyotaka."

"Nice to meet you," she said. "Got any favorite parts in the book?"

"There are a lot," I said. "Are you sure you want me to spoil it for you?"

"This is my third time reading it, so go ahead," she said.

We kept talking about the book until the school gates came into view.

"Did you think I was staring at you earlier?" I asked.

"No," she said. "You were looking at my book, not me. I can tell when someone's being creepy."

"Have you been homeschooled before?" she asked me.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I asked.

"You seem a little awkward," she replied. "It's common for people who've been homeschooled.

Let's not be late for class."

As we walked to class, we kept talking.

"Are you in Year 1, Class D?" She asked.

"Yes," I replied, "How did you know?" I asked.

"I just had a feeling," she said. "Don't worry; you'll get used to it and make friends. It's only a matter of time."

"I've never had any friends," I said.

"Me neither," she replied.

"Do you want to be friends?" I asked.

"Sure," she said. "You seem alright."

Third Person Perspective:

Ayanokoji took a seat in the back corner, by the window, with Horikita beside him. She put her book away and watched the other students chatting and laughing.

"Are you ready for introductions?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" he replied.

"You'll see," she said. With that, she left the classroom, but not before handing him her book.

Ayanokoji didn't think much of it until moments after she left. He realized too late what she meant-the class was about to start their introductions. There was no way out.

One by one, the students stood up and introduced themselves while he was still trying to think of what to say.

As he thumbed through the book, he noticed a piece of paper that didn't belong. Pulling it out, he saw it was a script for his introduction.

He quickly memorized it.

When his turn came, he delivered a flawless introduction, thanks to the script.

Horikita returned to the classroom just as the bell rang, signaling the start of the lesson.

"Why did you leave me behind?" he asked her.

"First impressions matter," she replied. "Introductions are a great way to break the ice and make friends."

"If they're so important, shouldn't you have stayed to do them too?" he asked.

"I needed to use the restroom," she answered with a shrug.

At that moment, the teacher walked into the classroom, signaling the start of the lesson.