Chess Game

Horikita and Ayanokoji both turned toward the source of the noise.

"???: You think you're better than me? HUH?"

One of the seniors, with a hint of arrogance, pointed his finger at the loud student. "You're in Class 1D, aren't you?"

"???: Yeah, so what? What does it matter to you?"

The seniors didn't like his attitude.

"That's no way to talk to your seniors," one of them said. "You better learn some respect, and fast."

Just as the Class 1D student was about to snap back, he checked his phone. He read the message and seemed to think twice about his next move. He stayed silent.

(Inside the store)

Ayanokoji noticed the situation outside.

"Isn't he in our class?" he asked Horikita.

"Yes, he is," Horikita confirmed.

"Should we do something?" Ayanokoji asked.

"Send him a message to remind him of today's lesson," Horikita suggested as she scanned her items at checkout.

Ayanokoji quickly sent a text, and the hot-headed student outside, Sudo, seemed to have calmed down. He even gave the seniors a confident smirk, which didn't sit well with them.

"We'll let it slide this time," one of the seniors said, glaring at him. "But you're in for a world of pain."

They walked away, still giving him dirty looks.

Ayanokoji stepped outside, and Sudo thanked him.

"Thanks, man, I was just about to lose it."

"No problem," Ayanokoji replied. "It was all thanks to-"

"Good job, Ayanokoji," Horikita interrupted. "You managed to avoid a disaster."

Sudo, who seemed relieved, grinned. "Anyway, thanks, dude. I got to see those seniors' annoyed faces because of you. See you tomorrow."

As Sudo walked away, Ayanokoji asked Horikita,

"Why'd you cut me off?"

"As a class leader, you should maintain good relationships with everyone," Horikita explained.

"That makes sense. I should prepare for the meeting later, so I'll see you later," Ayanokoji says.

"See you" Horikita replies

Ayanokoji went back to his dorm to relax. He turned on the TV, watched a few episodes of a show, and took a nap. When he woke up, he felt refreshed and ready for whatever came next.

He checked the time and headed to Horikita's dorm for dinner.

He arrived precisely on time and was about to knock on the door when a gust of wind blew it open, revealing Horikita sitting in a chair, smiling and waving at him.

"How did you make the door open like that?" he asked, a little taken aback.

"Coincidence can be scary," she replied with a playful smirk.

Ayanokoji couldn't help but think, 'This can't be a coincidence. She's one of a kind.'

"Let's eat before it gets cold," Horikita suggested.

"Agreed," he said as he stepped in, closing the door behind him.

He immediately noticed the delicious aroma of the food.

Everything was ready to eat, and it looked amazing.

Ayanokoji was starving, and just by looking at the food made his stomach rumble.