CHAPTER 1:

AQUAMARINE

"Thanks, Erin. You're the best!"

I smiled at the head of our department as she was satisfied with the reports I made. I walked out of her office while glancing at my wristwatch. Fifteen more minutes before office hours ended and I am already done with my work for today but everyone was still busy with their work since Mr. St. Clair was here today for his monthly board meeting with the executives that lasted the whole day.

As I went back to my office cubicle I saw Ryker Creed entering the CEO's office. By some sort of luck when I first started working here they assigned me to this floor where the CEO's office was located. So I could see people come and go to Mr. Daniel St. Clair's office from my table.

A smile escaped my lips when I remember that it feels like it's only been yesterday since I started working here. It was only supposed to be a short internship only three months my first initial thought was just enough time for me to gather information about the wealthy family of my biological father. But I fell in love working here my colleagues were so nice and the pay is good too that's why nine months later I'm still here working. Our head department is also encouraging me to apply for a regular position in this company which I am now considering the possibility.

In my nine months of working here, I also learned a great deal about the St. Clairs from the office grapevine to my research.

Just like now, the man who entered the CEO's office was none other than Ryker Creed the man who came from a wealthy family in Hamptons and was rumored to be the man Mr. St. Clair wants for his last remaining unmarried granddaughter, the supermodel, Emerald.

Yep, it seems that one after the other granddaughter was getting married this year and the only one left is the youngest so Mr. St. Clair was probably looking for her potential match.

"I told you the engagement is right around the corner." My officemate, Bianca, whispered while standing next to my cubicle. "Whenever Mr. St. Clair is in the office the very handsome Ryker Creed pays him a visit."

I raised an eyebrow in her direction. Since I am done with my work today I have time for chitchat while waiting for the time. "Where did you get the information?"

Bianca rolled her eyes at me. "Emma. Mr. St. Clair's private secretary is a friend of mine. She told me that Mr. St. Clair wants Ryker to be Emerald's husband. She once overheard them talking about this in the CEO's office when she went inside the office for Mr. St. Clair's signature."

Oh, so there's a basis for that rumors, eh? I sat back on my chair and took note of this information. I recalled what I knew about Daniel St. Clair's granddaughters. The eldest, Amethyst, the talented jewelry designer, recently married a wealthy Italian prince whom she had a five-year-old son with him. Next, Sapphire, the manager of the St. Clair Diamonds main branch the woman who married her Greek ex-husband months ago. Then, the oldest of the twin, Ruby made a quiet stir when she went home early this year after long years of traveling abroad with the news that she's secretly married the billionaire Spanish man. She now works at her well-known restaurant in town as the head chef. The only granddaughter who is not working in the family business.

I heard Bianca sigh dreamily. "It must feel nice to have a grandfather like him, don't you think? Image if you're too busy with your career and have no time to look for a handsome husband grandpa would be there to help you find your potential husband."

I scoffed at her while shaking my head in disbelief. "What makes you think that Emerald would appreciate this? I bet the reason why she is still unmarried or not even dating is that she likes to be single, unlike her sisters."