Chapter Six

Owen pulls up to the enclosure and climbs out, Abby climbing over the seats and out the Jeep after him "The mother hens have finally arrived." Hoskins smiles as the siblings make their way over. Owen punches him square in the mouth "Get the hell out of here." Owen tells him. "And stay away from my babies." Abby glares, kicking Hoskins in the balls. "Hoskins, you wanted this to happen, you son of a bitch!" Claire shouts, heading over. "Jesus! How many more people have to die before this mission starts to make sense to you?" Hoskins asks. "It's not a mission. It's a field test." Barry retorts, joining them. "This is an InGen situation now. Okay, there are gonna be cruise ships that show up here at first light. Everybody's gonna get off this island. You're gonna watch a news story tomorrow about how you all saved lives. No, better yet, how your animals saved lives!" Hoskins tells them. "They've never been out of containment. It's crazy." Barry tells Owen. "Don't even think about it Owen, I swear to God!" Abby glares. "Let's move it out! This is happening! With or without you." Hoskins tells them. Owen sighs and looks at Abby "Fine, but I'm coming with you. You know I'm the only one who can get them to calm down when they get riled up." Abby tells him. "Okay." Owen nods.

Abby joins Owen as he talks with the InGen soldiers "We know that she is in sector five. This is a game we call hide-and-seek. It's a scent drill. We've done it about a thousand times with these animals. When they get on target, and they will get on target, wait to engage. Velociraptors are pack hunters. They like to herd the animal into a kill zone. That's when we take our shot. Get a clear shot, wait on my command, and give her everything you got. We got one good target, gentlemen. Do not shoot my Raptors. Please." he tells them. "If you do, you'll have fucking hell to pay." Abby warns, storming out the meeting and walking towards the Raptor's paddock. Zach and Gray look over at her interest "Barry, let me and my babies into the paddock." she tells him. Barry nods, letting Abby in before opening the Raptor's gate "Hey babies." Abby smiles as the Raptor's run out to her. Blue chuffs and nuzzles against Abby, her sisters joining her "I know you're not happy about this." Owen tells her, walking over to the fence. "They're my babies Owen, you know that." Abby responds. "Owen. Are they safe?" Gray asks, motioning to the Raptor's. "No, they're not." Owen responds.

'What are their names?" Gray asks. "Well, you got Charlie." Abby smiles, gently stroking the yellow tinted Raptor. "There's Echo." she continues, smiling as the orange tinted Raptor nuzzles her at the sound of her name. "Here is Delta." Abby smiles, patting the green tinted Raptor. "This one's called Blue. She's the beta." Abby finishes, scratching the blue tinted Raptor under the chin. "Who's the alpha?" Gray asks. "You're looking at him, kid." Owen smiles, Gray smiling back. "Then how come Abby is in the enclosure with them?" Zach asks. "I'm their Mama." Abby tells him, gently stroking each of the Raptor's. Blue chuffs "I'm alright baby, just nervous." Abby soothes, putting her forehead against Blue's. "Abby, we gotta get them prepped." Owen tells her. Nodding, Abby motions for Owen to give her the headsets "Girls, we need to put these on you. Make sure you're safe." she tells them, letting them sniff the headsets first. Once the Raptors are comfortable, Abby gently places the headsets on them "Good girls. Now, who wants to play hide and seek?" she asks. The Raptors crouch down playfully, moving their tails in the air "Okay. Owen, tracker." Abby tells her brother.

Owen passes the Indominus Rex's tracker to Abby "Here we go." she says, getting each of the Raptor's to sniff the tracker. "They easy to move out?" Hoskins asks. "Yeah, they're ready. But I'm warning you Hoskins, my babies get hurt...you're not ready for the Hell that I have planned for you." Abby glares at the man. The Raptors chuff making Abby turn "Okay babies, time to play hide and seek." she tells them, kissing each of them on the head. All the Raptor's nuzzle her, making her smile and leave the paddock "I'm up front with Owen." she tells the soldiers, pulling her bike out the garage. "You? You're a kid." one of them scoffs. Abby glares and goes to launch herself at him but gets caught by Owen who wraps his arms round her waist "I'd shut up if I were you." Barry tells the man. "But she is!" the solider exclaims. "Not helping your case." Owen tells him. "I'm 20 you jerk!" Abby glares. "Okay, calm down Abby." Owen tells her, stroking her hair as he pulls her into a hug.