Chills [Wednesday x Male Reader]

In the vast library of Nevermore Academy, there sat one lone raven haired girl on a late winters night. With heavy eyes and a heavier head, her reddened nose was buried in an old book.

The air was cold and the only sounds to be heard were that of the whistling winds and crisp turning of pages- not to mention the occasional sniffle.

While most students were already in bed, or perhaps some sneaking out for the night, Wednesday was engrossed. For some time, Wednesday Addams couldn't get Y/N off of her mind. She was infatuated with him and only recently, she discovered he was a vampire. One of the few species she knew very little about. Of course, she'd heard rumours- stabbing them with a wooden steak would kill them' they're allergic to garlic, they burn up under intense sunlight.

She had to know what is and isn't true about his kind. She was certainly curious. She had been researching for a good three hours and she showed little sign of being slowed down by the ever growing urge for rest or the increasing cold temperature in the library- despite her occasional shiver.

Just as she turned another curling page, she froze up. A weight had been dropped over her shoulders and the weight was warm and soft. "You really shouldn't be down here so late, you'll catch a cold." A voice spoke softly.

The chair opposite her was pulled out and Y/N came into view. His handsome features were enough to lure Wednesday out of her book. A hand moved to the book on top of her talk tower that she had ammased that day. "Vimpires and their Telltale Signs." He read aloud as he scanned over the cover of the book. "You're not planning on killing me are you?" He questioned, a teasing tone lifted his voice.

"You've not given me any reason yet." Wednesday replied coldly. "I have an assignment due tomorrow." She lied, lowering her head so she could read through the book once more.

Y/N smirked and hummed. "Really?" He murmured. He gently reached a hand over to the parchment she had in front of her. "Then you won't mind if I read this then?" He asked.

She knew the game he was playing- and she knew she had already lost. She gave a brief sigh and let him take her notes.

He scanned over her written notes and a grin came to his lips. "UV light does affect vampires but not as much as folklore originally said. Still, Y/N should make sure to regularly apply sun lotion to prevent burns and rashes." He read out loud. "Garlic is not actually harmful for vampires if it is overcooked or burnt, it would be okay for Y/N to eat it. Maybe I will cook him a meal." He continued, his smile still going strong. "Keep Y/N away from any and all fires, it is lethal. Y'know, Wednesday... I'm pretty sure that applies to all species." He joked. He read on and moved to the next note. "Do not get too attached to Y/N, he will outlive me anyway. All vampires are immortal." His smiled faded a little.

"Something wrong?" Wednesday asked coldly.

Y/N shook his head. "No." He answered quietly. "Do any of those books say that someone can be turned, should a love strong and true enough between a vampire and another creature be formed."

She paused, looking him dead in the eye. She usually had a good tell on people... but he was just impossible. She liked it. "I don't believe you. If that was true, one of these books would say so." She replied.

"Well, it is a rare occasion." He explained. "Those who trick vampires into false love in the believe that when they are bitten, they will turn... Quickly die. They don't live to tell the tale, which is why our little secret isn't in any of your books." He told her, swinging back on his chair. "However, those who are honest and truly loving will live- outlive everyone they have ever known. The only solace is that they share eternity with the one they love. Unless of course, someone like Wednesday Addams does their research and tries to find our weaknesses and sets us alight."