Chapter Fifty-Four

||Beyond the Wall||

"You all right?" Jon asked Zephyr who hummed in return. They've been walking for ages, not having found a single white walker. Part of her was glad though, but the other part screamed taht if they don't find the, they're doomed.

"You?" Jon asked Gendry who also hummed. "Ever been North before?" he continued asking.

"Never seen snow before." Gendry responded. "Me neither. This is the farthest I've been North." Zephyr told the men. 

"Beautiful, eh?" Tormund said. "I can breathe again. Down south the air smells like pig shit."

"You've never been down south." Jon commented. 

"I've been to Winterfell." Tormund stated.

"That's North." Jon reminded the man. 

"How do you live up here?" Gendry asked, freezing. "How do you keep your balls from freezing off?"

"You got to keep moving, that's the secret." Tormund told the bastard. "Walking's good, fighting is better, fucking is best."

"There's not a living woman within a hundred miles of here." Jon stated.

"Well, I'd take the Queen, but you're already her misstress." Tormund said.

"If any of you touch me, I will burn you in your sleep." Zephyr deadpanned.

"Spoken like a true Queen who's married to the Mother of Dragons." Ser Jorah commented.

"You jealous?" Zephyr raised her brows challengingly.

"No. I know it's purely platonical." Jorah admitted.

"Either way, we have to make do with what we've got." Tormund told them. Jon grinned at Gendry's shocked face. When Gendry looked at his sister for help, she simply fell into a laughing fit, sounding like a tea kettle.

"This one's maybe not so smart." Tormund whispered to Jon and Zephyr, "Oh, leave him be, you."

"Davos says he's a strong fighter. " Jon told the ginger.

"Good, that's more important than being smart" Tormund stated, "Smart people don't come up here looking for the dead."

"True." Zephyr couldn't argue with that one, it really was a stupid idea.

"So, you're the Dragon Queen's wife." Tormund started, "Yes, we have." Zephyr answered. She knew he was going to ask if they fucked before.

"I didn't even finish my sentence." Tormund said, frowning.

"You didn't have to, you know. You're a bit obvious." Zephyr stated.

"But I thought it was a platonical marriage?" Jon asked, suddenly feeling small.

"It is. We vowed to stay friends. Friends with benefits." Zephyr explained.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"So have you and Jon-"

"No."

"Ah. Okay."

They continued their journey to find these dead men in silence until Jon began speaking to Jorah, "The first time I went North of the wall was with your father."

"He was a good man." Jorah simply stated. "He deserved a better son. Were you with him at the end?"

"I was a prisoner of the wildlings. But we avenged him." Jon explained. "I want you to know that. Every mutineer found justice."