Book 1 Finale: The Seige of the North

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world.
.
.
.
.
.
.

==========================

The episode opens to under the water. The camera pans upward to sea level, and higher up into the city. The scene changes to where Katara is set to spar with a young boy named Sangok. She eyes her opponent with a look of determination. Sangok looks at her with a frightened expression on his face, shaking slightly.

He summons a globule of water, freezes it into an iceball, and fires it at her. Katara, however, is quick to melt the iceball and, turning around swiftly, bends a wave of water at him, which she proceeds to freeze, thus suspending Sangok in an icy trap.

Lü: And Katara wins once more.

Pakku: Nice try, Pupil Sangok. A couple of more years and you might be ready to fight a sea sponge.

Lü unfreezes the ice; Sangok falls to the ground dazed.

Pakku: Would anyone care for a rematch with Katara?

The scene cuts to several students sitting by the sidelines, the camera panning to the right showing all of them to be tired and unamused.

Pakku: Katara, you've advanced more quickly than any student I've ever trained last person to do such things was Sitka. You have proven that with fierce determination, passion and hard work, you can accomplish anything, Lü has indeed taught you the ways of Water.

Lü: I feel like a proud father. Is that normal?

Cut to Aang who is lying on the ground with a lazy smile, floating Momo around on an airball above him.

Pakku: Pupil Aang!

He stops bending at the sound of his name; Momo lands on his head.

Aang: Yes, Master Pakku?

Pakku: Care to step into the sparring circle? I figure since you've found time to play with house pets, you must have already mastered waterbending.

Aang: I wouldn't say mastered, but check this out.

He twists around, bending some snow around him to make a snowman of himself, which Momo knocks over. Cut to Lü, Pakku and Katara who wear similar expressions of disdain. Pakku shakes his head in disappointment, while Lü and Katara looks on in irritation.

The scene changes to another part of the city where Sokka and Yue are taking a walk along a bridge. Sokka is walking along the top of bridge's wall while balancing.

Yue: So they don't have palaces in the Southern Tribe?

Sokka: Are you kidding? I grew up in a block of ice. It's not exactly a cultural hub.

Yue laughs and places her hand on Sokka's shoulder; when Sokka smiles at her, she gets a little upset and looks at him seriously.

Yue: Sokka, this is wrong.

Sokka: What's wrong? We're taking a walk!

Yue: I'm engaged. It just feels...

Sokka: I know what you need. You need to meet my good friend, Appa.