distance

hello my friendings! below is some mcnasty (eric) x reader! to the person who requested this- i know its supposed to be angst to fluff but i lowkey kinda switched it up. i hope you enjoy the story regardless :D!

his hug was so warm. his arms wrapped around your smaller torso, his chin placed upon your head, you could feel his facial hair rubbing down onto your scalp. he sighed into the top of your hair, the exhale gently blew a few strands of hair from its once resting spot. 

his scent was a staple of his hoodie that you enveloped yourself in. you had begun to wear the hoodie every day to remind yourself of your love when he had to make trips back home to california every once in a while. now, here you stood, enwrapped by eric's arms and you felt so incredibly ecstatic to have him holding you now. you felt at home. 

eric placed a kiss on top of your forehead then dragging his thumb to the side of your cheek looking you in the eyes lovingly. a small smile dragged itself onto the corner of his thin pink lips, a small chuckle emerging from his lips in subtle amusement. 

your heart palpitated in joy and delight as you know the both of you had dreamt about this exact moment and finally being able to hold each other had become a reality now after a few weeks of being separated. it was safe to say that you had both missed the physical touch you craved from each other. 

eric pulled you into another bear hug, his hands making their way into the locks of your hair. you knew he was going to tangle the strands of your hair into knots but having his skin on yours made the situation more bearable than being separated away from him. 

" listen, i know what you did." his voice was monotone and low. the way he spoke his words in such a serious tone disturbed you curious about what exactly those words meant and what he was applying. you weren't a sneaky person by any means whatsoever and had allowed your boyfriend to browse through your phone whenever he desired and vice versa. just because he was away from you physically that also didn't insinuate that you would now be able to cheat on him. you felt him grip your hair a little bit harder before letting go, looking down at you, his once beautiful brown eyes covered over in a layer of gloss. 

you certainty did not expect this to occur while sharing a wholesome moment with eric after being separated for so long. 

"what?" you stuttered. "what are you talking about?" admittedly, after hearing your shaky and defensive voice you wouldn't judged yourself as guilty. "seriously? what-" you gestured your hands in confused, tilting your palms upwards. 

eric reached his arm out to grab the collar of your t-shirt with his larger palm thus pulling you closer to his body. "i was just joking." he laughed. " i know that's toxic as fuck but i just wasn't to see what you would say, i saw a tiktok with other couples doing the same thing." eric then planted a gently kiss on your forehead then on your softer lips. you noticed the slight shade of your coloured lip balm on his lips. 

"you're a cunt for that, dickhead." you smirked before he pulled you back into a hug and  intertwining your fingers.