Chapter 8: The Saddle Row Review

The Mane 7 minus Rarity are hot on their hooves, galloping their way on towards Carousel Boutique in Ponyville. Apparently, things were getting heated after they were telling a reporter about Rarity's new boutique in Manehattan, though they definitely didn't know or think that Rarity is going to approve of their interviews. The more that they were running to Carousel Boutique, the more worried that they were becoming.

Rainbow Dash: *panting* Come on! If we hurry, we can get there before the paper's even delivered to Rarity's house!

Pinkie Pie: Maybe she won't even read the article.

(Y/N): That's a huge amount of luck to have. Rarity's one to read any newspaper that she finds at her doorstep.

Applejack: Especially considering that involves her new boutique.

Rainbow Dash: I still can't believe we all just blabbed everything that happened to that reporter!

Fluttershy: I just hope it doesn't end up being an article about how her friends almost ruined the opening.

They skid to a stop at their friend's front door.

Twilight Sparkle: I think you're all overreacting. Rarity's our friend. If anypony is gonna understand, it'll be her.

She raises a hoof to knock, but a magic glow takes hold of the door from within and swings it open to expose one rather put-out white unicorn.

Rarity: *grimly* I was wondering when all of you were going to show up.

The other six gasp in unison.

(Y/N): R-Rarity. . . let us explain. . .

However, he is cut off when she surprises them again by breaking out into an ear-to-ear smile and levitating a newspaper up from floor level.

Rarity: Now we can all read the review together!

She wheels into the showroom, taking the paper with her and missing the uneasy glances that her friends shoot to each other before they follow right behind.

Rainbow Dash: Um, I have an idea. How 'bout we "don't" read it?

Twilight then magically levitates the newspaper over towards her.

Twilight Sparkle: What she means is, before you read it, we should probably tell you about—

However, Rarity takes it back just as quickly.

Rarity: No, no, darling. Please, no spoilers.

Fluttershy: But-

Rarity: NO SPOILERS!!

Rancor instantly shifts to a blissful grin as she buries her face in the pages. More worried looks pass among the other six ponies as Rarity walks over to levitate her reading glasses onto her nose and walk towards a stool.

Rarity: Now, is everypony ready to hear what I'm sure is a stellar review that describes in stunning detail exactly how each of you contributed to the successful opening of Rarity For You?

Apparently not, if their grimaces—and Fluttershy's high-speed bug-out—are any indication. The yellow Pegasus ends up peeking out from among the rack of dresses that the group wore to their very first Grand Galloping Gala. Rarity gives her a puzzled look, then clears her throat and turns her attention to the newsprint.