Chapter 1

♡Arthur note: I need to know who you guys, gals, and non-binary pals would like Blake to be with it can be anyone Blake is pansexual but the timeline will be from season 1 ep1 I just wanted to say that really quick and enjoy the rest of the book. ♡

A well-dressed woman is seen rushing to the arrivals board in the busy airport. “I'm so late” she says, looking up at a malfunctioning arrivals board. “This board is broken. The arrivals board is not working. Uh, did anybody meet the flight from Guatemala? Aviateca airlines? What gate? Yeah, right. I'm late.”

She started to make her way to a customer service desk “Excuse me, uh, you have a computer glitch at the arrivals board.” The service agent ignores her “Hello! Sir, excuse me, yoo-hoo…”

The customer service guy holds up one finger to silence her “Great” She rips open her shirt revealing a lacy bustier, getting the young guy's attention.“Yeah. Hi. The flight from Guatemala?” There was another woman coming up from behind her.

“Tell me you tried 'excuse me' first.” The first woman named Angela turned around “Sweeeeetie. Yes, I did [Hugging Temp] Welcome home. Are you exhausted? Was Guatemala awful? Was it horribly backward?” 

“And yet I was never reduced to flashing my boobs for information.” “Flash them for any fun reasons?” “I was literally neck deep in a mass grave, not romantic.” “You know, diving in a pit of cadavers is no way to handle a messy break up.” “Angela, nothing Pete and I ever did was messy.” Angela started laughing “Then you were not doing the right things.”

Then Brennan suddenly turns, dropping her bag, to confront a man dressed in a suit who has been following the two ladies as they walked through the airport. “Sir, why are you following us?” The unknown man reaches out to take Brennan’s arm. Moving quickly, Brennan subdues the man with some kicks and punches.

“Attack! Security! Hellp!?! Who runs this airport? [Angela joins in to the fight by hitting the man with her purse] kick his ass sweetie.” “Police! Mam, step back now!” “He attacked me!?! “I'm Homeland Security!” “Oh, little misunderstanding here.” Angela started to say. Temp started to put her hands in the air “You can put away your guns.” “What is she in charge now? No. I'll tell you when you can lower your weapons.[to Brennan] Hand over the bag.”

She hands over the bag to a Homeland Security agent and opens the bag to reveal a skull “Boo” Now we see Brennan sitting at a table “I am Doctor Temperance Brennan. I've been in Guatemala for two months identifying victims of genocide including him” she said pointing at the skull.

“Most people in this situation, what they do is, they sweat it.” “Guatemala, genocide? How are you scary after that?” “You know who doesn't sweat it?” the agent stopped talking for a second then a female agent continued his sentence “Sociopaths.” “I'm not a sociopath, I'm an anthropologist at the Jeffersonian.” “Who works for the FBI. Which I'd maybe believe if you had an ID that did more than allowed you access to the cafeteria.” 

Behind Brennan, another man in a suit enters the room carrying a book. “You were illegally transporting human remains mam and you assaulted a Homeland Security agent.” “Look, I'm sorry if I embarrassed you in front of your friends but, next time you should identify yourself before attacking me [turning to the man at the door] What are you doing here?” The agent from the door turned to the agent.

“FBI. Special Agent Seeley Booth, Major crime investigation, D.C. Bones identifies bodies for us.” “Don't call me Bones. And I do more than identify.” Booth started to hold up the book, then sliding it across the table to the other agent “She also writes books.” the agent grabbed the book, he looked at it noting Brennan's name. “Fine. She's all yours.” Booth looked towards Brennann “Great. Let's grab your skull and let's vamoose.”

“What! That's it? She's all yours? Why did you stop me?” “Why does it matter? You're free to go. Let's just grab your bags, click, click, clang, clang…” Bones looked towards Booth “You set me up.[ She looked to the agent at the table] You got a hold for questioning request from the FBI didn't you?” the agent looks to Booth, Brennan looks at Booth incredulously, Booth knows he's been found out “I love this book.” The agent said to relieve so tenshin and he hands the book back to Brennan. Brennan grabs the book and the skull then she stalks past Booth who is holding all of her bags “come on”

Now they are in the SUV, Booth is driving, Brennan is in the passenger seat when all of a sudden her phone starts ringing she took out her phone and saw that it was her brother she answered her phone “Hey Blake is something wrong.”

Booth looked over at Bones and he soon heard a somewhat deep voice on the other end of the phone “No nothing is wrong I just know that you were coming home today and I wanted to make sure your flight was ok.”

“No, don't worry the flight was good but where are you? I can kinda hear people crying.” “A friend's brother had passed away in the field so we are having a ceremony in a few minutes but you're still at the Jeffersonian cause after I'm done here I can bring you food. If you want me to.”

“Yes I still do and no on the food.” “Ok also I found a necklace I think belonged to mom so I will drop it off at your work, I love you.” “Ok thank you, I love you too.” Then she ended the call Booth then looked at her “Who was that.” “Who that was none of your business but that's the best you can do?” “What?” “Getting Homeland Security to snatch me so that you can stage a fake rescue.” “Well, at least I picked you up at the airport huh?”He gives her a charming little grin which only annoys Brenna more

“Hey, come on. I went through the appropriate channels but your assistant there, he stonewalled me!” “Yeah, well after the last case I told Zack to never, ever put you through. He's a good assistant. You can let me out anywhere along here.” “Alright, listen. A decomposed corpse was found this morning at Arlington National Cemetery down…” “Arlington National Cemetery is full of decomposed corpses, it's… a cemetery.” “Yeah, but this one is your type of corpse, it wasn't in a casket.” “If you drive one more block, I'm screaming 'kidnap' out the window.”

“Do you know what, I'm trying to mend bridges here.” “Pull over.” Booth starts to pull the car over, Brennan gets out of the car and Booth follows after her “I'm going home.” she says walking quickly away from Booth who is  following after her “Great! Could we.. Look, could we just skip this part?” “I find you very condescending.” “Me! I'm condescending. I'm not the one who's got to mention that she's got a Doctorate every, five, minutes.” “I am the one with the Doctorate.”

“Yeah, well you know what? I'm the one with the badge and the gun huh. You know, you're not the only forensic anthropologist in town.”  Brennan started laughing  “Yes I am. The next nearest is in Montreal Parlez-vous francais?” “What's it going to take?” Brennan stopped walking and turned to face him “Full participation in the case.” “Fine.” “Not just lab work, everything and if I want to bring someone on a case with me you let me.” “What? Do you want me to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder and maybe bring another person just maybe.”

“I don't know what that means but ok.”  They pull into the Arlington National Cemetery, Brennan and Booth are walking down a grassy hill, filled with row upon row of headstones, toward a large pond. “What's the context of the find?”

“Routine landscaping, dropped a load in the local pond, one of the workmen thought he saw something.” Then a van door with Jeffersonian Medico-Legal lab emblem, closes to reveal Zach Addy, Brennan's assistant. “Hi Zach.” “This eco-warrior look works for you.” “Thanks” “Very action oriented.” “Agent Booth, you remember my assistant Zack Addy?” “Oh yeah…” To Brennan “How was Guatemala? Dig up lots of massacred victims?Lear a thing or two about machete strikes?” “Zach, I need water samples and temperature readings from the pond.” “Right away Dr. Brennan.”

《Sorry to cut this short but I'm tired 》