03 - The Dance

Alaric rushed over to Elena and Bonnie in worry. "Elena," he said out of breath. The two were confused and Alaric continued, "He has Jeremy."

"What?" Both Bonnie and Elena said in sync, growing worried.

"Yeah, Klaus has Jeremy. C'mon" Alaric gestured for them to follow him. He rushed towards the school and went in behind them. Once inside, Elena questioned Alaric, confused on where they were being led. "Just a little further," Alaric slowed down and brought his hand up.

Elena looked around confused and Bonnie asked defensively, "Where's Jeremy?"

A smirk grew on Alaric's face, and his voice cracked, "I just had to get away from that dance." He shook his head, "60s? Euwah, not my decade." The teacher turned back to look at the doppelgänger and the witch. He chuckled and brought his arms out, "I mean whose call was that anyways? I much prefer the 20s: the style, the parties, the jazz," A wide smile formed on Alaric's face.

The teacher seemed too chipper, especially for the situation they're currently in. Elena became concerned. Her whole body was tense as she questioned, "Alaric, are you on vervain?"

Alaric was slowly walking towards Bonnie and Elena. He paused his movement, "Now why would you ask me that question, Elena?" He smiled. He continued walking towards the two teens. He tilted his head slightly, waiting for Elena to figure out what was going on.

The doppelgänger stepped behind Bonnie and said worryingly, "He's been compelled." Bonnie shifted her position and put her arm in front of Elena.

Alaric quickly replied, "Nope!" His voice got quieter, "Try again." His smile and voice scared Elena and Bonnie.

Bonnie furrowed her eyebrows, "What's going on?"

Alaric turned his head away for a moment and sighed. He looked back at the witch, "Okay, I'll give you a hint." He walked over towards them, "I--am not Alaric." He moved his head slightly down, and kept his eyes up, staring into Elena's."

Elena and Bonnie were silent for a moment. Alaric raised his eyebrows at Elena, and she finally realized. She said very quietly, "Klaus..."

Klaus immediately smiled when she said his name. He brought his arms out, "Surprise!" His voice was quiet.

Elena shook her head in denial, "No-no. It's not possible."

"Just relax, Elena," Klaus said softly and gestured her to relax with his hand. "I'm not here to hurt you. You're not on my hitlist--tonight." He shifted eye contact from Elena to Bonnie, who was still in a defensive position in front of her friend, "But you are."

Klaus immediately broke his calmer composure and charged at the witch. Bonnie hit him with a wave of magic that threw him into the lockers of the hallway, but the original crawled up laughing. "Now, did I mention, that I know a witch," he smirked as he finished standing back up. "You're gonna have to hit me a lot harder than that," He ran at Bonnie again.

The witch brought her hand up, sending Klaus all the way to the other end of the hall. He hit glass and a display of trophies then fell on his knees and arms to the ground. He got back up again, "By all means! Fire Away," he laughed, "You kill this body, I'll just get a new one." He looked at Bonnie and raised his eyebrows, threatening, "Maybe Jeremy."

"Go," Bonnie demanded Elena. "Run," She turned away from Klaus, 'Run!" Bonnie and Elena began running. They ran through the doors and Bonnie waved them close with her magic.

Damon rushed from another set of doors to Elena and Bonnie. He lifted his forearms, "What happened?"

Elena was out of breath, "Klaus--Klaus is in--Alaric's body." She could barely comprehend how it even happened.