2

"Lisa!" I exclaiming loudly.

Where am I?

I felt very warm, but there seemed to be a black cloth covering my eyes. 

At a closer look, this 'black cloth' was actually studded with blue lights. 

It was as if I was in a sky full of stars.

My heart sank, "Am I... dead?"

I closed my eyes, trying to recall what happened. 

Last thing I remembered, we were in the horse carriage...and I passed out.

***

Flashbacks...

I suddenly heard a deafening 'boom' as the ground beneath me shook twice.

"Lisa!"

With no time to care about assessing the situation behind the hill, I pushed myself up to go and search for her.

In my hurry, I tripped over an exposed tree root, crashing on my front. 

I slid for a good distance until I came to a stop.

I was caught completely off guard, hence this crash was very heavy. 

I had even heard a muffled noise coming out from my chest...

Tears filled my eyes all at once, blurring my vision. 

Even so, I did not stop for a single moment.

Right now... it's as if nothing but death could stop me from looking for her.

I bit hard on my lower lip. 

Holding my breath, I climbed up from the ground, then staggered around the small hill and raced back to the original spot.

She was still there, but she was lying on the small hill, and unconscious...

I pounced to her side, dropping to my knees... 

It was only when I touched her that I opened my mouth, "Lili."

Once my mouth was opened, the breath I was holding was released too. 

I started to tremble as pain swept through my body. 

My tears kept coming out.

"Lili?"

Her face was as white as paper. 

The only response... was the fresh blood slowly flowing from her left eye and nose.

"Lisa! No... no, no, Lisa...!"

Seeing the fresh blood spilling out from her eye, I lost my cool completely.

I did not know what happened just now. 

I had never seen such force before, but I had no attention to spare discerning it. 

All of my mental energy was focused on Lisa.

I bit hard on my lower lip as I forced myself to calm down. 

I took deep breath after deep breath, but big teardrops still kept coming out beyond my control.

I desperately tried to recall what I had read in medical books, what I had heard from physician Jill, and the medical knowledge that Lisa told me intentionally and unintentionally.