༻𓊈𒆜🎢ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼🎢 𒆜𓊉༺

(I'm literally crying just thinking about this chapter)

(Y/N)'s POV

We were returned back to the void, back in complete and utter darkness. Ocean immediately rushed to hug Constance. I was smiling at this sight, happy that they were still friends after everything that happened. I no longer felt drunk, which was a relief for me.

"Final vote."

We looked at the Karnak as a landing spotlight came above Ocean. 

"Ocean Rosenberg."

Ocean looked confused, just like the first time we got here. "huh...?"

"It has been decided that you shall have the final vote."

"Over what?" She asked, seeing genuine fear in her eyes.

"Who lives or dies."

"I thought we all had to vote on that. That's what you told us."

"I've decided the final vote will come down to the one with the highest grade point average. You are the winner."

Ocean didn't look very pleased about that. "That doesn't strike me as very fair."

"In five minutes, all bets are off."

"What happens in five minutes?" She asked, hearing how scared she was at that moment. I too was scared about what would happen next, since I didn't know who to vote out of everyone.

"My death. After that I'm not entirely sure."

"And if I just vote for myself. What's the moral? If I choose myself... If I choose myself, the moral of the story is that humans suck." She said with anger laced to her voice. This is the Ocean that I know and love. The one who fights for justice, and of course democracy.

"That would be a valid interpretation, yes?"

"No, no, no. We are going to honour the original agreement. We will all vote on who comes back." As Ocean said that, we heard a heart monitor and people crying in the background.

"What's that?" She asked.

"The other side. You merely walk in. It's easy. Just don't look back. I don't mean to rush you, but time is pressing."