The Moon's Will

The Moon’s Will

Ch. 1 ∞ Lonely Boy ∞

LIAM’S POV

    We sat there, watching, waiting for some form of acknowledgement. None came. Two posses and one school. The tension as thick as humid, summer air. One invisible void preventing any kind of contact between the two groups. Why? Did they have a problem with each other? I highly doubted it. They never communicated with anyone but those in their little cliques. Now, I understand talking to your friends, but let me clarify. They NEVER talked to anyone else. No classmates, not even a simple ‘hello’. It was as though they were two apposing cults, bound by a set of strict, unbreakable laws. Not your average people I suppose.

    The only reason why we were even watching these people were because of Tess and Lili, my best friends since practically birth. The two girls were lusting after the boys of the first group. Bryce, Harry, Niall, Dante, Pierce, Ian, and Flynn were an interesting group of lads. Bryce led the guys, and they followed his every command like puppies trailing after their owner. It was frightening to imagine of how he had gained so much control over them. The only one who seemed immune to Bryce’s dominance was Harry. His stance suave, radiating cool and confident. He would stand back and watch Bryce shout and fume at the rest of the group, giving small huffs of annoyance. Occasionally he would intervene, looming over Bryce’s slightly shorter figure. It was as though Harry’s intense gaze would remind Bryce of something. Realization would shape his features, and he would eventually calm down. Flynn was the complete opposite of Harry. Being the youngest and the newest member of the posse, Flynn was constantly pushed around, insulted, and ignored. What confused me most, was that he never fought back or stood up for himself. He took all of their abuse without a word. Tess and Lili dragged us around trying to find these boys, so I had figured out quite a bit about them. Us being Louis and I. Louis moved to town about two years ago, and we all clicked instantly. The rest is history. Louis was a silly, fun-loving guy. However, he would always grow quiet whenever the band of boys were around. He always told me that they made him uncomfortable, and I whole heartedly agreed with him. 

    The other group was slightly less...what was the word for it...severe? They were still solemn, but less aggressive. Damion, Ebony, Zayn, Echo, June, Mason, Maya, and Mai were not as intimidating as Bryce and his cronies. Damion and Ebony were the head of the group. They had been together for as long as I could remember. His arm always flung over Ebony’s shoulders as they waltzed down the halls. Damion’s calm, laid back demeanor was balanced by her icy, harsh attitude. One glare from Ebony, and I swear she could turn you to stone. Together they worked to keep their little clan in check. Zayn was similar to Harry in some ways. He was second in command, making sure everybody was doing what they were supposed to do. Zayn was the only member who debated and discussed with Damion and Ebony, as the rest of the group remained silent. Besides those occasional awkward silences, they were a lively group. June and Maya always deliberated different books they had read with great enthusiasm. Mason, Echo, and Mai talked about anything and everything. Even though Mai talked and laughed with everyone else, she was excluded. I know that sounds contradictory, but she always seemed disconnected from the group. It was all plain weird, but I guess that’s just high school, right? I snapped out of my trance when I heard my name being called.

“Liam? LIAM! Woo hoo, anybody home?” Louis questioned as he frantically waved his hand in front of my face.

“Sorry, sorry I was zoning out,” I shrugged.

“I was trying to tell you that Tess and Lili left to go take pictures in forest.”

“Uh, why?”

“Our little hipsters thought it would be a great idea because the fresh snow would be glittering against the rough pines,” Louis mocked.