Ch. 2 ✧ Spotlight ✧

A/N: Hi everyone... please don't hate me for the lack of updates! I just wanted to make this one extra long :D. I also had a family emergency, and that slowed down the writing process a little bit. Besides that, I hope you enjoy the chapter! I enjoyed writing it!

*Important* I'm titling chapters after songs I feel portray the chapter. The last one was Lonely Boy by The Black Keys. This chapter is named after Spotlight by Mutemath! I'll put the music on the side :D

Ch. 2 ✧ Spotlight ✧

FLYNN'S POV

*Even more beautiful with bite marks...*

Huh? Bite marks?

*Flynn? What the hell are you doing inside my head?!*

I-I was taking a nap, I didn't mean to overhear, I promise!

*What did I tell you, idiot?! The wolf-link works when you're completely relaxed, even when you're in your human form!*

Sorry Bryce, I haven't been sleeping well. I guess I dozed off.

*Uh, excuse me? Did I tell you that I cared? No.*

Right. What did you mean bite marks? What are you doing in your wolf form at this hour? It's not even twilight.

*Damn omega, so many questions. I was just doing a little hunting.*

Bryce! We're not allowed to hunt until after nightfall!

*Who's the alpha again?*

You are.

*Who makes the rules?*

Well technically it's you and Dam-

*No. I make the rules.*

Well, did you catch anything good? Get a deer this time?

*Something a little more...advanced*

What? There aren't any mountain lions around here.

* Umph, might as well just show you*

I was pulled into the nauseating sensation of Sighting, being able to see through the eyes of another wolf. I could feel my stomach churning, my head reeling. I was going to be sick. When I was able to refocus, I was looking into the woods. My gaze was directed - by Bryce - to two figures in the snow. Wait...was that a hand? feet? I couldn't believe it, this couldn't be true.

Bryce, are those two humans?!

*Yea, breathtaking aren't they?*

What the heck!? You can't kill people!

*Their not dead...at least I don't think they are.*

Panting with a cold sweat, I bolted up from my spot on the couch. I tried to reach Bryce again, but I was awake and the connection had dissolved. There was no more time for napping, I had to do something! They were going to die out there... or worse. Harry, he would know what to do! I dashed out the door, almost forgetting to bolt it shut. The sun was grazing the horizon; I didn't have much time.

I worked my legs to their limit, dashing down the quiet street. Luckily, Harry's house was only a few blocks away. With my shadow trailing close behind me, I prayed we weren't going to be too late. I arrived at Harry's house. The door was unlocked as usual. The only people who came into the house were pack members, no one else dared to enter.

"HARRY?!"

"In here," A low voice drawled out.

I followed the sound to find Harry and Dante playing FIFA on Xbox. Dante took one glance at my exhausted expression and paused the game.