Thanksgiving

A/N I KNOW THANKSGIVING IS ONLY A HOLIDAY IN THE USA, BUT IT IS MY FAVORITE ONE AND I WANTED IT TO SHOW UP IN MY STORY AT ONE POINT. IT BASICALLY IS US CELEBRATING THE PEACE BETWEEN THE NATIVE AMERICANS AND THE FIRST EUROPEAN SETTLERS.

 Gavi's Pov

September and October had gone by fast. It mostly consisted of training, games, and hanging with friends. Life was exciting, but also boring at the same time. I don't want it to sound all rainbows and unicorns because mentally I was not where I needed to be for the upcoming games. The only thing that could calm me down and make me feel safe was Sav. 

After we both had mental breakdowns at the same time a couple of weeks ago we instituted 'FRIDAY FUNDAY" where every Friday, after training, we would go do something to spend time together and check in. We had gone out to eat, helped special needs kids play soccer, and had video game marathons. All those were fun, but my favorites were movie nights where we would order A TON of food in and watch movies and shows in her bed. I loved the raw time we got to spend together. 

These past few months had also been crazy because of the fans obsessing over our relationship. A big group of fan girls had sent her death threats and that scared the both of us, but we knew that we would get through it.

I was snapped out of my thinking by Sav walking downstairs. Pedri and I were sitting at the table eating breakfast when she walked in. She had a big smile on her face and she came over to sit down. "What's up?" I asked, putting down my phone. "Well November 24th is coming up and in the USA there is a holiday called thanksgiving where you make a big meal and invite friends and family over. It is supposed to be time that you spend with the people you love and I was wondering if you guys would want to throw a party on that day for the team." She said and i could see her smile getting bigger. I stood up and kissed her on the top of her head "anything. we can talk to them today." I said to her as I put my dishes away. "Yay!!!!" She jumped up and down like a little kid.

We had just walked into the locker room where all the boys were and Sav called everyone over. She explained to them what thanksgiving was and that she really wanted to do a celebration for it at our house. Everyone agreed and was actually really excited. It made me so happy to see Sav with a big smile on her face. We worked out the details and solidified the plans. OMG, Sav was excited. I swear I had never seen so much joy in such a small person before. I was preparing for her to go into happiness overload. I guess it was better than sadness overload.

*

It was Thursday morning and Xavi had given us the day off for thanksgiving. I was laying in Sav's bed, expecting her to be there, but all I felt was emptiness and cold. All of the sudden I heard pots and pans banging downstairs. I looked over the clock to see that is was 5:30 am. I groaned and rolled out of bed and walked downstairs. 

I saw Sav standing at the stove and walked up to her hugging her from behind. "What are you doing up?" I asked as she moved stuff around in a pan. "I have to cook all the food for the party" she said sounding frantic. I grabbed a sweatshirt off the counter and put it on before turning to her. "Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked grabbed her chin and ming her look into my eyes. she listed a few things and I got started working on the pie. I read the instructions on the notecard she had written and out and started to work.

About an hour later, I had a beautiful pumpkin pie. "Is this good?" I asked with a yawn holding up the pie so she could see. "Yes it is good and you can go back to bed" she kissed my cheek, but I didn't move. "Nope, I am staying here with you," I said to the standing firm. "Whatever you say" she said, turning back to what she was cooking. 

*

DING DONG!!!!! The doorbell rang out signaling to all of us that the guests were arriving. Sav had finished the food around an hour ago and had been upstairs getting ready. We had all decided on more of a formal vibe for the attire because it had become a joke amongst the teams on how many fancy team dinners we could have in a month and thought this would be the perfect addition to our list. I opened the door and it was Ansu and Blade. They walked in and looked at the table of food. "Looks good, '' Balde said. "Yeah how long did all this take?" Ansu asked me. Sav has been up since 5 am making this. We all laughed at how much she loved all of us.