Asmodeus

Rose's POV

I looked at my surroundings, unable to answer Sebastian.

"Let's calm down and talk about this somewhere more private." Max coaxed Sebastian.

"Alright people, party is over, time to head home! Thank you for stopping in to meet your new luna!" Joel hollered out to all the guests.

Max led me out of the ballroom and we followed Sebastian up the stairs into his study. He let out a heavy sigh and plopped down on his chair, rubbing his forehead.

"Can someone please explain to me what's going on?" He said after a few minutes, after my mates, Sophie, Mason and Kat entered the room.

"When the lights went out I was grabbed by someone, he called me a fallen. He knows what I am. What are we supposed to do?" I blurted out as quickly as I could. Damien went up behind me and put his hands protectively on my hips. "Shhh it's alright now baby." He whispered.

Max then chimed in, "the worst part was everyone else was frozen except me. I suspect it's because I have demon blood." I completely forgot about that part, I'm thankful if that's true. I don't know what I would've done if he hadn't shown up. I was so distraught and I couldn't release any spells or mindlink. "Why was my magic suppressed?" I asked. Nobody answered, I don't think any of us know how that's possible.

Max then said, "Joel did you get that bracelet done from the witch?" What bracelet is he talking about?

"I did but I hadn't given it to Rose yet. Maybe we should wait and see if she can do something to it that will prevent her magic from being suppressed again." Joel answered him.

"What bracelet?" I chimed in.

"We were having a witch make something that will help you identify if you're near a demon. It is taking longer than expected because she needed Max's blood so that it won't glow every time he's around. Otherwise, if he and a demon were around you at the same time, you wouldn't be able to tell." Joel explained to us.

I nodded my head and rubbed my tummy. I'm so thankful nothing happened to my babies and that Max was able to be there for more. I thanked the gods for granting me an incubus as a mate.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Mason asked me.

"Yes, thankfully." He gave me a small smile and then turned to grin at his mate, petting her hair lovingly. I looked over at Sophie and she was watching Sebastian with hearts in her eyes. Looking at Sebastian, he appeared to have the same look in his eye. I know this sounds shitty but I hope those two end up with each other and not with mates. They just seem too into each other to possibly have a soulmate out there.

The guys chatting amongst themselves, speculating about the events that transpired tonight. Colten came up behind me and rested his head on top of my head while wrapping his arms around my chest. "We'll figure it out baby, I promise. It may be a good idea to move you in with Max temporarily since he's the only one that seemed immune to the freezing. I'd rather you move in with me but unfortunately it's not as safe," He spoke into my ear. I sighed and nodded. At least we've explained some things to my parents already, otherwise this would've been impossible to try to come up with an excuse.

We finally left the castle and headed back. Max drove me, of course, to my parent's house so we could tell them about what happened and the guy's plan.

To say my dad was pissed was an understatement.

"How could you boys let this happen? My daughter and grandchildren were almost taken!" He yelled.

"I know daddy but Max saved me, he's immune to whatever spell was used and that's why I need to stay with him, he can protect me." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, messing it up even more. "You better protect her. If you don't, I promise that I will personally kill you!" He grunted out angrily. My mom was rubbing small circles on his back, trying to calm him down.