Why me?

Journey's pov

So tonight, the girls wanted to go out, and celebrate the win for our cheer performance . But the truth is, we didn't perform our best, and I know we could've did better. And especially for me, I know I didn't do my best. Because I just had a lot on my mind, heavy. Between getting divorced 8 months ago, and supporting my child, I don't know how to manage it all.

Leah: hey baby girl, you ok?

Journey: yea, just thinking. Creating fake scenarios.

Leah: let me guess. You're thinking about a fake scenario that you could've did better to prevent a break up and divorce? You're putting things together that's should've been differently in your mind, but it's actually different from how it really happened?

Journey: wha-what? Noo

Leah: lies

Journey: I miss you I miss my daughter. Having to co-parent is whack. It could've been different, it should've been different. I should've controlled myself more. I could've handled the situation better.

Leah: think about it this way, what you did was gave him satisfaction and he still wasn't satisfied, but what you should've done was gave him a taste of his own medicine, maybe he'll get rid of that cheater's fever. And I know how it goes. You have sex with a guy, you get pregnant. It doesn't work out, and you're stuck raising the kid all by yourself. But it gets better.

Journey: you don't see it how I see it.  He's  my baby daddy he's mine and we belong together. And they say time heals everything but Leah, it's been 8 months and I'm still in love with this man like we just got married yesterday. My break up hasn't healed me. I'm still broken. I went from ❤️ to 💔, ☺️ to ☹️, 🫂 to 👤, 👨‍👩‍👦 to 👩‍👦/🚶‍♂️. It gets boring, it does.

Leah: JOURNEY PEIRSON! Stop! Stop simping over this boy. You did no wrong, you just handled it wrong. Cus instead of snapping on him, you should've found a better man and let him eat the booty like groceries. 4x better than how ja did it.

Journey: yea, you're right, but out of all the happy couples, why me? What did I do differently from other girls?

Leah: it's not you hun, it's him. Don't stress it.

Journey: well, I guess I'll try and get some sleep. Big day ahead of me tomorrow.

Leah: that's right. She said tucking her best friend into bed.*

Journey: oh and Leah?

Leah: yea?

Journey: thank you, for everything. I love you bestie.

Leah: of course, that's what I'm here for. Ain't no ratchet dude finna make my best friend feel like a nothing. I love you more baby girl. She said turning out the lights signaling journey it was time to go to bed.

Author's note: I know there's an exact same book like this one, it's me, I'm the author of that one too. But I used a wrong email and it would let me post notifications or anything so I signed back into this one where I can update you guys with posts. ❤️. Hope you guys enjoy! ✌️