Finally Wanted

Prologue

Hi, my name is Rose Lockheart, I'm seventeen and I guess you could say I'm a werewolf but in all actuality I'm not. I belong to the Crescent Moon pack in Montana. My mother's name is Jasmine Vise. The reason her last name isn't the same as mine is only because she found her mate and got married only a month after I was born. 

My mother was 16 when she had me after being raped by a drunk human when she was 15. The reason I am the way I am is directly related to the asshole that helped make me. Werewolfs can only have a kid with a human who is their mate, unless they want their child to end up like me; stuck between a human and a werewolf. That's my explanation for it anyway. Everyone just calls me a freak.

I can't shift into a full wolf, all I can do if grow huge ass fangs and sharp as hell nails. I have the normal strength a human has which makes me vulnerable all the time. I do, however have the ability to heal even faster than a normal werewolf which comes in handy some days, especially after school.

My mothers mate, Jackson Vise, beta of the crescent moon pack, hates me with a passion. He's never once hit me or abused me-physically anyway- but he has made it his job to make my life a living hell when it comes to everyone else in the pack. I'm not allowed to eat with anyone in the pack, they think I'm a dirty freak of nature and that I should have been killed a long time ago. I'm not allowed to train with them, I'm not allowed to train at all actually. I'm rarely even allowed in the same room as them.

My mother used to stick up for me but after a while Jackson and everyone else just sucked her in with them. When I was barely one my mom had a son, Thomas. He seems to be the only one that sympathizes for me even slightly around here.

After a while you get used to all of this. All the abuse, name calling, being ignored, it doesn't seem to matter after awhile. The only thing that really gets to me though, is the fact that I am completely alone in this. Of course I don't believe I have a mate. I'm only half werewolf anyway so I don't expect to ever get away from this hell hole. But there's no rule against dreaming is there?