The Battle of Sokovia Part 2

When Pietro and I finally arrive at the fight, he sets me down. He speeds off to fight more robots while I do the same. I catch my dad's gaze. Shit, he already made it here. That means Pietro and I should have been here ages before. He most likely knows. He sends me a 'we'll talk later' look. I knew I was in for it, but you know, who gives a shit? I'm fighting alongside Wanda near the bridge and see Pietro speeding by.

"Hold your fire!" One of the policemen says. Pietro stops and I see that a bulletin grazed his arm. One of the policemen didn't obey. He glares at the guy and continues fighting. I try to shut down some of Ultron's robots with my powers, but it takes a very small percentage out of the majority. At least it did some damage.

"The anti-gravs are rigged to flip," I hear Friday say. "Touch them, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow." Fuckity, fuck, fuck. I hate these stupid robots.

"Spire is vibranium," Tony says. "If I get Thor to hit it..."

"It will crack," Friday replies. "That's not enough. The impact would still be devastating." I fly up into the air with my powers and come crashing down emitting my power from me. It takes down several bots. Now that's what I'm talking about. (Kind of like the Thor Infinity War scene but with your powers instead of lighting)

"Maybe if we can cap the other end," Tony says. "Keep the atomic action doubling back."

"That could vaporize the city," Fridays says. "And everyone on it." Ok, then. Hell, here I come.

"The next wave is gonna hit any minute," Steve says. "What do you got, Stark?" You should've been paying attention, dumbass. I take down a few more bots, crushing them with some of the surrounding debris.

"Huh? Nothing great," Tony replies. "Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear."

"I asked for a solution," Steve said. "Not an escape plan."

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second," Tony says. "We're gonna have to make a choice."

"Cap, these people are going nowhere," Natasha says. "If Stark finds a way to blow the rock..." I send an energy blast at an oncoming bot and shield myself from some bullets.

"Not till everyone's safe," Steve says.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there?" Nat asks him. "There's no math there."

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it," Steve tells her.

"I didn't say we should leave," she says. "There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?" I stop to look at Pietro and see him staring back.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff," I hear Fury say into comms. I laugh in relief. "It's about to get better." As he says this, one of the old S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarriers flies up beside the city.

"Hell, yeah!" I say. Pietro and I run up to the edge of the rock to get a closer look.

"Nice, right?" Fury asks. "Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch," Steve says.

"Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Fury asks. I couldn't help but laugh. Maria must've told Fury about Steve's little incident.

"Altitude is eighteen thousand and climbing," Maria says. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, gates on the side of the helicarrier open up and lifeboats begin to rush into the city.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Pietro asks me.

"This is what S.H.I.E.L.D. is supposed to be," I tell him as I grab ahold of his hand.