liii . killing me slow

hi everyone!! so this was a very spontaneous idea however this is going to be a chapter partly from kenji's pov!! flo's is a little later on but she'll show up

hi everyone!! so this was a very spontaneous idea however this is going to be a chapter partly from kenji's pov!! flo's is a little later on but she'll show up. dw!!

kenji kishimoto.

STARING AT HER is like seeing daylight for the first time.

Jesus does that sound poetic. But it's true. If someone would've told me a few months ago that I'd be watching my girlfriend shoot arrows at targets on Sector 45's base, I'd be shocked. But if someone also added that that girl happened to be Florence Warner, I would've passed out.

And not just because she reminds me of the actual goddamn sun but because I can't believe that I went from hating her so much to being willing to kill anyone who even thinks about hurting her. It's not natural, how hate and love have such a thin line separating them. But I'm fucking happy that they do.

"No, you're doing it wrong," Florence laughs as she redirects Lydia's bow. "There. And be sure not to move your finger, okay?"

Lydia nods. Squints her eyes closed and tries her best as she shoots the arrow. It whizzes past us but doesn't land on the target's center. Instead it lands right on the edge. Damn. She's lucky it even hit the thing at all.

Lydia groans in frustration. "Why the fuck can't I do this!?"

"Hey!" I point at her with dry enthusiasm. "Don't be so negative, Lyds. There's plenty to look forward to."

"Like?" Lydia scoffs.

"Like seeing Nazeera later on," I decide on giving her something real to look forward to. The girl has the fattest crush on the daughter of the supreme commander of Asia. It's actually pretty sweet. Until it gets pathetic.

Lydia looks between Flo and I. "That is true," she says.

"For now though," says Flo, turning Lydia's body back to the target. "Focus."

Lydia drops her shoulders momentarily before she lifts them and her chin determinedly. I have huge respect for the girl. She's only fifteen yet she's tougher than I ever was. Than I'll probably ever be. Lydia's been through things that make me so angry I could clench my teeth to the point they break. Her whole life's been a mess and now, I hope at least, she's caught a break.

Lydia then readies herself before she sprints forward, a flash of wind and a blur brushing past Flo and I. You see, Lydia's has these powers—super-speed—and as great as they can be for her, it's not always fun having a teenage girl with very scary eyes when she wants them to be to make you jump when she was just standing on the other side of the room a second ago.

When she reaches the target, I'm about to smile when she smacks headfirst against the board and stumbles to the ground. I suck my teeth loudly as I cringe. Flo gasps in terror, her hands flying to her mouth before she sprints towards Lydia without hesitation. I follow pursuit.