Going To Land

Third Pov...

Welcome back to Seabrook, where belonging is everything. We're a strong, united and tight-kint community. And that's a good thing 'cause it wasn't always this way. There was a time when we had to protect ourselves. Legend has it that when the first settlers came to Seabrook, they found wild beasts with sharp claws lurking in the forest. Which sparked an epic battle. Seabrook settlers bravely fought fought off the monstrous attack. And discovered a powerful energy source. Realizing they discovered a precious resource, they safeguarded it from the beasts. They weren't going to let anyone steal their treasure. So they hid it. And the town's people grew rich by harnessing the precious energy source. Seabrook benefited greatly as it grew strong, happy, and unified. The beasts were a distant memory, Seabrook forgot monsters could be real. Until clearly they were. A little lime soda mixed with a dash of industrial strength Seabrook... And BOOM! Zombies were created. In a lot of ways, Seabrook's moved on since then. But it's hard to bury your past. Oh, yeah. There was one another thing , the settlers also rumored there was things in the water, creatures but no one has ever truly saw them.

Ondina Pov...

I reached the top of the surface as I started to laugh, not far behind me was Nerissa, as she appeared next to me looking a little annoyed.

"I told you I was faster" I say as I continue to laugh, she rolled her eyes playfully at me as she joined in on me laughing. 

"Yeah, yeah. I want a rematch tomorrow and I'm so going to beat you" she said

"You are so on" I say before she could say anything we heard laughter, I turned to my right just to see three people with green hair...zombies. There was a guy and a girl and a little girl, playing in the sand. They were about 30 feet away from us. I smiled at the sight of them.

"Can you image ever living on land?" I asked Nerissa, without looking away from the three zombies.

"God no. I don't think I could ever live with legs" she said before I could say anything another voice comes up from behind us.

"What are you two doing?" Amaris asked

"We're just watching" I say, not even giving her a glance.

"Relax. We're not breaking any rules" Nerissa said.

"ZED LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND!!!" The little girl yelled. The boy came running over to her as she showed him two rings. I looked more closely and it couldn't be

"Are those moon rings?" I asked

"No mermaid would ever give up their moon ring willingly or lose it" Nerissa said and we looked at Amaris while she looked at us shocked to have seen them. I'm the youngest in my pod to ever get a moon ring. Not even Nerissa or Amaris has one yet.

"We can use our powers and pull the rings towards us" Amaris said. As we turned around, the zombies were gone. "Where the hell did they go?" she asked but she left before we could give her an answer.

"Do you think she went to go tell the council?" I asked

"What else would she do?" Nerissa said as we swan towards the pod. As we reached the council, Amaris was already there.

"Are these the other two mermaids that was with you?" Veridia asked. There are three mermaids on the council but Veridia as the final say, she is on top.

"Yes" Amaris said

"You three will go to land in 2 days time and retrieve these moon rings. Fail to do so than you three will be outcast from the pod" she said, when she said my jaw drop and my eyes widen. I start to panic and Nerissa could tell.

"That's unfair, it's not our fault. That zombies found it on the beach" Nerissa said in a pissed off tone

"My word is final" she said and then swam off with the rest of the council. Amaris turned around to look at us.

"I hope your happy" Nerissa said to her "If you didn't go and tell the council this wouldn't happen." she add. Amaris just rolled her eyes and scoffed, than she swam away, leaving me and Nerissa alone.

"What are we going to do Nerissa? No mermaid has ever been on land before" I say. Secretly I have always wanted to go on land and see how land people live through out their lives

"That we know of. This could be a good thing for you" she said

"How? How could this ever be good thing for me?" I asked her

"Ondina, I'm your best friend. You can never keep a secret from me. I have found you close to land, watching land people. I have even heard you talking to the stars and to shells wishing on them to go on land one day maybe even fall in love. This could be your chance, don't worry about the pod, mostly what the council is saying" she said as gave me a side hug and then swam away leaving me with my thoughts. She was right this could be my chance to see the other side, maybe make new friends, be with someone and love them.

Moon Ring

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Moon Ring

Moon Ring

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
The Call-Wyattजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें