Falling In All Senses

"I have to... Try to be sensible..." Annabeth reasoned. Percy was trying hard to not grimace on his girlfriend's request.

Or ex-girlfriend. She was going to break up with him. Percy looked down, glaring at floor. Annabeth's soft voice reached him "Seaweed Brain, can you give me one reason why our relationship should continue?"

Percy furiously searched his mind, trying to find one reason, but couldn't come up with one. Annabeth sighed "I'm sorry Percy, it won't work anymore. We've grown up to be adults, which was considered considered impossible by our standards. Hades, we've even outlived than most put us to be!"

Percy sighed this time, speaking for the first time since Annabeth announced about the breakup "I— I guess you're right. Our relationship was borne out of mutual respect and attraction when we were fighting. Since it's practically non-existent now, there was no way our relationship would work."

Percy blinked the tears out of his eyes. Annabeth looked at him with her soft, gray and calculating eyes "Percy... I know you understand the situation. You're much smarter than you let on. But we will still be best friends."

Percy nodded, his heart no longer aching "As much as everyone said our relationship was a dream turned reality, I... Never thought of it. Now I think about it, we were never meant to be."

"Yeah Percy." Annabeth replied "Besides, your fatal flaw in loyalty, and I am your friend. You'd do anything for your friends."

Percy sighed, and surprisingly, it was of relief "It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The weight of protecting you at all costs."

They fell silent. Then Annabeth's eyes sparked up "I got a job!" Percy blinked, a goofy smile appearing on his face "Really? Where?"

Annabeth grinned "Greece."

Percy smiled at her "That's good! Congrats Wise Girl, I knew you would get a job like that!"

They both fell silent again. Percy then interrupted it by saying "I guess this is a goodbye then." Annabeth nodded, her eyes glistening. "Goodbye Percy. May the Tyche be with you."

"We all know she secretly hates me." Percy joked. Annabeth smiled "Too true. Take care of yourself."

"I will." Percy replied. Annabeth gave him a last smile, before exiting the house. Percy plopped down to his couch, his heart feeling empty. His hands tightened around the blanket. Who knew that his girlfriend would break up with him?

He got up. Maybe he should just take a walk, to calm his nerves after everything happened. Since Pan had passed away, nature had a soothing effect on him.

OK, stop with the depressing thoughts Percy thought to himself. Percy looked at the ongoing people, the streets even more scarce than before. Thankfully, COVID wasn't that bad where he lived, but he still wore a mask for safety.

The streets were almost empty, with some few people taking a walk. There was a single fruit stand, selling fruits to the people who needed it the most.

He shouldn't have looked at them.

Instead he saw the ones who made his life difficult. The Fates.

His hand tightened around Riptide, still in its pen form. "Perseus Jackson..." The middle one rasped. Percy hesitantly approached them.

They were holding a single string, which was sea green, hinted with red and yellow flecks occasionally. Percy cautiously asked them "What can I do for you Lady Clotho, Lady Lachesis and Lady Atropos?"

Clotho began "Anomaly you are, indeed Perseus Jackson." Lachesis picked up "Your path is seemingly similar." Atropos continued "Your previous life, you were the almost same. Same, yet different."