Come On Down To Florida

CHAPTER 13

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CHAPTER 13

COME ON DOWN TO FLORIDA

The next morning I woke up to the sound of Astrid tip-toeing into the room I was sleeping in.

I happened to be passed out on the couch as Flynn and Trevor squeezed in together on the Queen size-bed when I heard the door squeak open. I peeled open one eye to notice a familiar head of brown hair poking her head into our motel room. Her reddish brown hair glinted in the low light like copper, making me slowly stir into consciousness as a pounding headache begin to ensue. My mouth was dry and dehydrated with the sweetened taste of coke and tequila as I yawned.

"How was it?" I smirked at Astrid when she came over to the dressing table where she had left some of her stuff.

"Nothing happened," Astrid said stiffly, rubbing her neck which had two very obvious blooms of purple marred all over. Sure, I wanted to snort.

"Fine, be that way."

Astrid sighed and began to comb her messy hair. "It really is."

"Why? Did he fuck weird?"

Astrid stopped combing her hair. "Calista!"

"So what happened then?" I sat up completely on the couch and made a clawing gesture with my hand. Astrid passed me the half-empty bottle of what I hoped was water, not vodka. I sipped it. It was water, thank God.

A small smile broke on Astrid's face. "It was nice. I had a good time."

I rolled my eyes, "No one describes sex as nice. If you do, you're not doing it right."

"And how long has it been since you've got laid?" Astrid pointed out, feeling particularly slide. Damn it, she has been around me for too long. I pouted petulantly.

"You know you can't bring that up."

Astrid laughed, "Whatever, I feel disgusting. I need a shower."

"Yeah, I bet you do."

She flashed me the finger. Yep, she definitely had been around me for too long. "Wake up the others. We have to pick up our car and head off to Miami or not Spring Break will be over by the time we get there."

-

Our rented car eventually got fixed while we had breakfast at the same place we had dinner. Once that was all sorted, Astrid and I decided to hop back in and tail Flynn's van as it led us to the destination of the beach festival they were playing at.

According to information on Google, the festival was called Punkdown. It was dedicated to underground bands and music with the aim of promoting each other's sounds and helping different bands get a bigger reach. It seemed pretty cool as the festival was also tailored to the Spring Break event so it fits right into what we came to Miami for anyway. Flynn had told me over breakfast that this was quite a last-minute gig as he happened to be in the States, visiting Aaron and the band when Aaron got the offer to fill in one of the slots for the festival. He explained it was quite impromptu but they agreed to it immediately, as it was an opportunity that didn't happen all the time.