03 | the invite

Omniscient
[ thurs, sep 21st 3:48 PM ]
BullsEye! - Shooting Range

Omniscient[ thurs, sep 21st 3:48 PM ]BullsEye! - Shooting Range

"I snatch yo' heart so easy, like Valentine."

Ace aimed at the paper target's chest and shot three times. Each one soared through the centre of the flimsy sheet effortlessly.

"Can't get caught up in that loop again. Never lettin' Cupid in."

He continued to rap with Beanie Sigel as 'Oh Daddy' blasted through the building. His phone was connected to the speaker system throughout the shooting range, and he had that specific song on repeat.

"Boo, you buggin'. Ain't no time to be lovin'." He bopped his head. "Man, the grip on my pistol, only thing I be huggin'."

The Wilson Combat EDC X9 that he was using started to click, signalling that the clip was now empty. Ace set the gun down on his counter and picked up the burning blunt that was perched on the ashtray.

He sighed and took a long pull.

"Shit, I thought you was the one. You was my bitch..."

Taking his phone out, he turned the volume down on the music while walking over to his friends just behind the shooting stalls.

Sitting down beside Lucas, he tuned into the conversation that seemed to be about Phoenyx. Ace had already exhausted himself with this specific topic, so he chose to keep his mouth shut.

"You need to settle down, man." Demetrius shook his head as he wiped down the parts of a QBZ-95 automatic rifle. "You'n even need to be pushin' all that work— you paid as fuck. Shit is unnecessary. And dangerous."

"Y'all really need to stop tellin' me what the fuck to do." Phoenyx stood to his feet and pulled up his sagging pants. "Imma grown ass man, Meech. I'on have no girl, or no kids to be worrying 'bout."

"And imma grown ass man, too. A real ass nigga." Demetrius mugged him. "So I'on know who the fuck you standin' up on, or why the fuck it sound like you dissin' me for having a girl and bringin' in some new life, nigga. The fuck?"

Phoenyx sucked his teeth, "You know I ain't mean it like that."

"Still said it." Lucas frowned. "You don't worry about yourself, though? You don't think we worry about you?"

"Tell this hardheaded ass nigga again, Snowflake." Demetrius backed Lucas up. "You'n need no external reasons to stop doin' dumb shit. Damn."

"For the one who supposed to be the smartest in the group, you movin' real stupid, Nyx." Demetrius continued. "Guess that's why you the youngest outta alla' us, huh?"

"Aight, Dr. Phil and Montel Williams." Phoenyx said to Lucas and Demetrius as he sat back down, sinking into the couch. "Imma chill out on my next delivery, aight? Y'all happy?"