4 - Rogues

Hey guys, so here'e the next update. Sorry it's a little late, I've had a lot on my plate lately. I just wanted to take this opportunity to ask anyone who is reading this to comment, good or bad, I don't care, I just want opinions :) I hope you enjoy the next chapter. Oh, and I'm going away for march break next week, so I won't be able to update for 2 weeks, but bare with me, I'll update as soon as I get back. :)

Pic to the right is Tracy :)

                                 «»  

4 - Rogues

SAM

I listened to Justin's running footsteps, waiting for them to fade a bit before skidding to a halt and undressing. I was already running as I shifted, adrenaline coursing through me as I ran faster than I ever have.

I didn't have far to go before I saw them, a big group of them.

'Guys, rogues! Lots of them! I need help!' I called out with my mind. Any wolf in the Phoenix pack who was nearby would here it. I also broadcast an image of my general location.

The first to respond were my parents, and Ethan and his parents. They were on their way. Then others started responding.

As a wolf can't shift or communicate telepathically until they turn eighteen, so I didn't have to worry about alarming, or worse, attracting the attention of those too young to handle the situation.

Soon, I was joined by my dad - the Alpha, Mark - the Beta, my mom - the Luna, and the Beta's wife, Ashley. The four of them, along with me, the future Alpha, and Ethan, the future Beta, in the past have been able to take on a group of rogues. But there were just too many this time, and I was grateful for every person who joined us. Some of my friends came and joined me at the front. Allyson, Joshua, Cameron, Kristine, and Martin were standing on either side of me, determination in their eyes. Tracy was standing with Ethan, her jaw set, a vicious look on her face. She was lethal when she needed to be.

'Ok everyone, here's what we're going to do...' my dad explained the attack plan and we all gave a word of understanding. However, before we could put the plan into action, one of the rogues let out a growl. We saw that he was looking right us.

'Scatter!!' we followed my dad's instruction as rogue wolves came flying at us from all sides. There were many more than we had first thought. I ran through the sea of fighting wolves, slashing and snapping at any rogue within reach. It was chaos, a huge mass of snarling, growling, slashing, biting werewolves.

I saw my dad taking on two. Tracy and Ethan were engaged with four more, his parents circling them and keeping other rogues at bay. My mom killed one and ran toward my dad, who now had five on him. Joshua, Cameron, and Martin were fighting another six, while Kristine and Allyson were both helping directly and fending off others.

I ran to help my parents, who seemed to be being overwhelmed. I rushed one and bit its neck, killing him. It fell at my feet and I jumped over it, focused on where my dad was trying to fight off three on his own. It wouldn't usually have been a problem for him, but I noticed that his back left leg was injured, slowing him down. Another rogue jumped at me, jaws snapping shut inches from my neck. I dodged and turned to finish it, only to find my mom already had.

'Go help your father, I'm ok here,' she said, and ran to head off another who was making for my dad.

I spun around again and got to where he was standing, his mouth open and fangs bared, trying to hold them off while having less mobility. One charged and I leaped at it, sinking my teeth into the back of its neck. The rogue went limp under me and I jumped up, ready for the next one.