1

I don't know how long I'd been trapped.

It could've been 5 minutes or 5 centuries for all I knew.

I didn't know which was worse, considering my life and the memories that had been carved into my very soul, weren't pretty ones.

That being said, there were worse places to be, and worse people to be.

I didn't know if that was true, I didn't remember anything.

I remembered glimpses.

A beautiful creature getting her wings cut off, and then her head.

A pain on back, knowing that my wings were cut.

I remember flying.

I remember the night sky.

And the rest, is lost to the fog.

My name?

My name.

It's... it'll come back to me. I'll figure it out, I always did.

But this feeling of isolation haunted me, knowing that before this existence I was near death, and now, I was no where near living.

It was worse, when I saw my body from below me.

I didn't know how, but I knew it was me. The long, dark hair cascaded around my face. I had an ethereal beauty, as my face was without flaw. My eyes were closed, but I knew if they opened they would be violent. They were protected by high cheek bones, red cheeks, and full lips.

I was laid in a glass casket, with my arms folded over my body, which was dressed in a black gown.

For a funeral.

I tried to reach out, to touch my body, but hit a wall.

I looked around, and remembered where I was trapped.

A mirror realm.

I looked down the hallway of sorts, looking at the other mirrors that I would see out of.

I remembered why I didn't go to the other mirrors, they would drive me crazy if I saw that escape was so close, why so far away. And perhaps the tortures that existed in this house.

I wasn't the only one trapped here.

There were others beings. Mostly fae, some fairies and pixies, and magical creatures, but it was a trophy collection.

They were trapped alongside me, not in a mirror, but in glass containers.

Jars, vases, anything that could have a stopper and be enchanted.

No one ever came in here, except for the Collector. I had only seen him three times since I came here. Once, when I arrived, and twice to add to his collection.

He was an old High Fae, with ginger hair, but in recent times, it had turned white.

It scared me, because I did not understand the concept of time. Not anymore.

I don't think I understood anything.

Like why my brother had not found me yet?

Brother.

My brother.

How could I remember that I had a brother, but not my own name?

Suddenly, after what felt like a long while, we saw the Collector once more.

He looked panicked, as he looked around the room. He shook his head, speaking to himself, "There's no time."

As quickly as he entered, he exited.