Ch. 27 Fall

It's been a couple of weeks since I went to get ice cream with Garrett. Looking back, that was one of the warmest day's during the month of October. It was extremely nice for Garrett to come along with me to get ice cream on his day off and pay for it.

Even though he was sneaky about it since I was the one who wanted to pay. When he brought me back home he gave me back the money I gave him to pay for our ice creams. I eventually got even with him and hid a five-dollar bill in his room for my ice cream.

I put it in one of the pockets of his light coats. It would take him a couple of days to find the folded bill because he usually wears that coat whenever he goes into town.

He doesn't necessarily need the coat to keep him warm since he already has a built in heater but its more for a disguise. With the weather cooling down lately and running errands more frequently, he can't be going around in just a t-shirt and shorts. Otherwise it would raise suspicions from the humans.

I thought it was pretty ingenious of me. By the time he finds the money he would have thought that he left it in his coat pocket from the last time he wore it. Not from me. That's the only way I could think of giving him the money without him declining.

If you're wondering how my school life has been since the previous accident, I would say that it has been going smoothly. I haven't had any more run-ins with Aubrey and her gang.

I have wondered if my parents went and complained to the school about the lock-in incident. Thats the only solution that I can think of that would lead her to leave me alone for weeks.

I also found out that Aiden is actually a student in my gym class. I must have been so engrossed in keeping away from Aubrey that I never noticed before. Who would have known?

I guess I can be pretty oblivious about my surroundings sometimes. I should probably work on that before I get kidnapped.

Aiden and I have somehow become partners for our rock-climbing unit in gym class. I didn't have a partner and I have my own suspicions about that. I think Aubrey was behind threatening all of the girls to not be my partner or something but maybe I am being to full of myself.

I'm not that important to be disliked by her, am I? I am still confused on why she chose to dislike me, but it is probably since I am the runt of the pack. Well, I won't dwell on it if that is the reason.

Aiden is actually a nice guy. I would consider anyone nice if they became my partner in that awkward situation. I have a newfound fear, being picked last. He's considerate and doesn't talk much.

I haven't seen him hanging out with any guys from my class. It's probably because he is a senior. I heard that he had to retake this gym class since he was so absent last year. I can see how he might have missed those days.

Aiden is very attentive at certain moments. He always makes sure my harness is on correctly but it's probably because he doesn't want me to get hurt on his watch since I'm a human. And well, humans are more fragile than werewolves.

I just feel that he isn't what everyone says he's like. I don't judge him by the rumors because I would be pretty sad to know that others act towards me a certain way because of those rumors. It's just common decency.

Outside my window, I see the different colored leaves of burgundy, oranges and yellows on the trees. The changing colors of the leaves looks very pretty. I am a lover of fall and these colors only come once a year.

It's a reminder of the beauty mother earth provides us, and the gifts given from the heavens. For the past five minutes, I have been letting my eyes soak in all the bold scarlet maple leaves and golden leaves.

They float down to the ground with a burst of life every so often before settling down on the blanketed forest floor. There's just a calmness about it.

Lately in my free time, I have learned a lot about human holiday's and marked them on a calendar in my room. The human holiday Halloween will be coming up in about 2 weeks.

I have never heard of this tradition of dressing up in scary costumes and go out from houses to houses. That is the only time of the year that it is socially acceptable to do such a thing.

It's funny to see pictures of couples dressing up as their favorite movie characters or a vampire. I think some vampires have started that tradition of dressing up so they can hide their real identity.

As winter draws nearer, the nights have started to get colder, but it hasn't become too cold that I can't stand it. Meanwhile, everyone around me seems unfazed by the colder weather.

In fact, I think they enjoy it more than summer. I always wonder if it's easy to overheat in the summer when their body temperature is already around 102 degrees F on average.

The only secret I hide from my parents is that I have been learning about human holidays. I don't tell my parents about that. If they saw that I was learning so much about the human race, they probably would have locked me up for fear that I would run away.

I don't plan on it, well at least not now. I have always had a plan at the back of my mind about it. If I was to never find my other half, and everyone around me found theirs and moved on with their life. I have decided to go live with the humans.

It's not like I will live a long time and age like those around me.  I don't want to be living around everyone who keeps reminding me that I am different.

Since I was born human, I will be aging much faster and eventually pass away even before my parents. I know my parents have always worried about that small detail, but I have to think positively.

Just the thought of it makes me want to shout out and cry. Why me? But then again, I can't do anything about it so I might as well make the most of it.

If I was to have a fulfilling life, I would need to go out into the human world where I could meet a nice human man and have a family of my own. I would be able to grow old with him. That doesn't sound too bad when you put it that way.

I could also spend time with my family and visit but the thought of leaving my family and friends sends sharp pains through my heart. Not physically thought but I should stop thinking about the inevitable.

Standing up, I went over to my bookshelf. It stands towering over me. I have hundreds of books from children's stories to adventure novels and series. I am what you'd call a book worm since I spend lots of time with my head in the book. Haha

One time, I bought an old book from our library and found small holes at the bottom of the pages. Turns out a dead book worm was in there and died years ago.

I screamed so loud when I saw it that my brothers nearly broke my door off its hinges as they barged in. I still laugh when thinking about it. Having protective brothers can be both good and bad at times.

I grabbed one of my favorite childhood mystery novels about Nancy Drew and tried to distract my mind from everything by reading another world. Another thing to add to a long list of worries is the fact that the werewolf games are starting in a month.

In the beginning of December, the games will be held throughout the week. Just the thought of having to fight with someone in their werewolf form makes me want to drop out of school just thinking about it.

However, I can't do that since I am only a sophomore in high school. My birthday will be coming up soon. I think my birthday is during the week of the were wolf games and I'll be turning seventeen.

You might be thinking why I am a sophomore turning 17? Well, I would have been going into Junior year, but my parents held me back with worries that I wouldn't fit in.
Since girls usually shift between 13-14, I have a better chance of being with sophomores than an older class where everyone is a year stronger.

In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter that much but if it pacifies my parents mind, then its good enough for me.

***This chapter held a lot of information and less of those around Cress. This chapter was to see into Cress's mind a little about her worries about her situation.

The book is about 3/4 done. Please enjoy the longer chapter. ***