Chapter 32: France Part 1

Not long after the family got their stolen possessions back from the police, Shourya and Meera flew off to France. And as of now, they were in Paris. The last destination on their France tour. They had gone everywhere in France, and Shourya made sure Meera got all the experiences that France was famous for.

Shourya guides Meera into the hotel they had booked. He holds her by her waist as they check-in. The two had gotten incredibly close over the last week and a half they'd spent in France, as they were together and alone.

At the start, Meera had been incredibly shy to wear western in front of Shourya. But little coaxing and sweet nothings in her ear got her comfortable. And now she wears jeans, dresses and even skirts around him comfortably.

However, on ther first night in France, in the city of Bordeaux, Meera realised that Riya had changed her comfortable pyjamas to more "feminine" wear; she almost had a heart attack and she had to borrow Shourya's majorly oversized clothes to wear. That night, Meera spent being a grump and Shourya spent trying not to laugh at his sweet, innocent wife. However soon, Shourya had convinced her to show him some of the nightwear. He wanted her to be comfortable with him and not self-conscious around him.

Flashback:
"Meera, meri jaan! It's just me. If you're not comfortable around me then that's fine, but please have some trust in me. You know I won't do anything without your consent. You know I won't even let my eyes wander without your permission."

Meera thought about it as she stood in the bathroom, clutching the fabric barely covering her chest. She knew her husband would never force her into anything, she can trust him. Taking a deep breath, she steps out of the bathroom. Shuffling in her white, body-hugging nightie. Her eyes refuse to look up as she awkwardly stands just outside the bathroom door.

She could feel his eyes look over her, and she was quick to come to the conclusion that she liked it. Him wanting to look at her. It made her giddy, even though her nerves were clearly visible. She could hear him moving closer to her, and when he stood right in front of her she gazed up.

"You're a work of art sweetheart. And there is nothing to be ashamed of. Mein tumhara pati hun. Mein chahta hun ki tum mere saath kam se kam into comfortable toh ho ki tum bina self-consious huye reh sakti ho."

"Mein aapke saath uncomfortable nahi hun. Pr aise kapde kabhi pehne hi nahi. Aur mujhe daar lagta hai, ki aapko mein aise achi nahi lagungi."

(I'm not uncomfortable with you. But I've never worn such clothes. And I'm scared, that you might not like me.)

Shourya was taken aback by her confession, have I not shown her how beautiful I think she is?

"Meera baby, have I even made you feel like your not beautiful? Mein janta hun, ki shaadi ke turant baad hi bohot saare issues hog aye the, for example jo Priya ke saath hua. Aur hume kabhi khaas time nahi mila saath mein spend krne ke liye. But I love you. You. All of you, every inch of you. That includes your body, whether I've seen it or not."

(I know that immediately after our wedding there were so many issues. For example, what had happened with Priya. And we didn't get much time to spend together.)

Meera gazes up at her husband.

"Na-nahi, you've always made me feel beautiful, pr . . .phir bhi daar lagta hai."

(N-no. . . . .but st-still I feel scared.)

Shourya kisses her forehead.

"Okay, jaan. Mein samajh sakta hun. And it's okay. Tumhe jitna time chahiye le lo. And don't feel ki hum honeymoon pr aaye hai toh aise waise kush krna hai."