11

Neville took in a sharp breath.

He knew Magnolia was pretty, he still believed she looked the most beautiful with dirt stains and her hair thrown in a messy bun, but something about how she looked today made his heart skip a beat.

"Neville?"

"What?" He asked, shaking his mind back to reality as she stood in front of him.

She looked down at her outfit, now self conscious about her roommate's choices now.

Neville noticed her shrinking in on herself again, he swiftly took her hands in his, shaking his head abruptly.
"I'm sorry, you just look so....beautiful. Sorry for staring..... sorry." He practically whispered.

Magnolia giggled as she felt a smile creep onto her lips and a warmth on her cheeks. Neville noticed he was still holding onto her hands, he dropped them ask quick as he grabbed them not yet knowing if she wanted her hands held. Magnolia watched as he dug in his pocket for something.

Neville pulled a Gryffindor tie out from his pocket, the Hufflepuff witch just looked at him with a confused expression.

"Mind if I blindfold you?" He asked with a tone that told Magnolia he thought it was just as weird as she did.

"That's not creepy at all." Magnolia noted with a grin, though she obliged regardless. She turned around so that her back was facing him.

"That's what I said, but Ginny assured me it was romantic. Just go with it, I can't let you know about my secret location." Neville explained as he tied the crimson tie around her head.

Magnolia chuckled at the statement but found any words she wanted to speak became caught in her throat due to Neville's gentle touch. She cursed herself for feeling this fanatical over such a simple act. It didn't matter though, she couldn't help herself from holding her breath as the wizard's hands softly grazed against the sides of her face and tickled at her hair.

"There." Neville stated proudly. He gently spun her around by the shoulders.

"Ya know this isn't the first time I've had a Gryffindor tie me up with parts of his uniform." She admitted while she navigated herself forward, her hands up and moving around while Neville steered her with her shoulders.

Neville studied what little parts of her face were uncovered to detect any form joking, and he let out a nervous chuckle when he saw the corners of her lips turning up.

"Kidding, obviously." She laughed.

"Good one. Seamus would have enjoyed that." Neville laughed.

"What was his advice for today?" Magnolia asked.

Neville snorted at the memory.
"A room at Hogshead." He chuckled.

"Oh wow, I definitely chose the wrong Gryffindor huh?" The witch joked.

Their pace finally slowed down after she felt grass under her shoes. She could hear Neville walking around so that he was facing her now. He removed her blindfold with ease while smiling a giddy and excited grin back at her.
"So none of this interest you then?" He asked.

Magnolia took in the scenery of a part of the forest she had never been before. The trees leaves opened in such a perfect way that beams of sunlight lit up the forest floor causing a plethora magical flowers and plant life.

"No way, is that Flutterby bush?" She exclaimed loudly as she practically launched herself towards the flowering brush. Her eyes darted to a nearby Pale colored blossom.
"And Dittany! This is wow it's just-"

She turned back around, finally looking towards Neville after her outburst. He was smiling back at her with his arms crossed, a smug look on his face.
"So you chose the right Gryffindor after all?" He questioned.

Magnolia intertwined her fingers as she nervously walked back towards him.
"Sorry, I nerded out big time." She apologized.

Neville placed his hand on her shoulder, turning his head to the side as a wide smirk covered his face.
"Why do you think I brought you here? For the bug bites or the Fanged Geranium?" He questioned.

Magnolia almost melted at his simple touch yet again, but there was only one thing on her mind at the present moment.

"Did you say Fanged Geranium?"

¸.•'*¨'*•✿ 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 ✿•*'¨*'•.¸

"So? How did it go?" Zach asked after Magnolia found him and Cho waiting in the Hufflepuff common room for her.

She would have thought it to be strange and out of character but the witch was still giddy from her afternoon to care, let alone notice.

"Perfect." She stated as she fell dramatically into the couch across from them, her hands covering her face as she hid her cheeky grin from the two.

Thankfully she also didn't notice the nervous look Cho and Zach shared.

¸.•'*¨'*•✿ 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 ✿•*'¨*'•.¸

Neville leaned against a wall on his way towards Gryffindor tower. His cheeks hurt from smiling so much and he tried his hardest to stop. He was certain his mates were waiting for him to get back so they could bombard him with questions. He knew it would be way worse if he kept up smiling like an idiot.

A familiar voice around the corner ripped the smile right off his face.

"Why keep a guy like Michael Corner around anyway?" Vincent Crabbe asked, a slight chuckle escaping his lips.

Neville slid down the cold stone behind him as far as he could, trying his best to hear the conversation between the Slytherin students without being seen or heard.

"He's been useful to me, plus, anyone that has it out for Potter and his pathetic friends is alright with me." Draco explained.

"But what about the whole rumor thing, I told you it was Weaslebee but you let him think it was Longbottom? Why?" Pansy Parkinson questioned, obviously annoyed by the blonde boy.

Draco let out a dark chuckle that sent shivers up Neville's spine, even if he wasn't looking at him.

"Let's not pretend it wasn't all true. Corner is low hanging fruit and everyone knows it. Besides, Longbottom is easier to mess with, and I'd still be getting at Potter by doing it. Didn't you see him today at the pub? They were quite heated and I  enjoyed every second of it." Malfoy laughed.

"Who was it they were fighting about again? That pretty girl from Hufflepuff?" Gregory Goyle asked.

"Magnolia Albero." Pansy stated as if she had a personal vendetta against the girl.

Neville felt his heart drop into his stomach.