Family Feelings

After turning Esther into a vampire the Mikaelsons and Angel took her to the Mikaelson Mansion while the Mysic Falls Gang went back home.

Esther had been tied up on a chair in the living room while the rest waited for her to wake up.

Elijah was on a chair reading while he waited. He was neutral about the situation. Whilst he hoped his mother had meant it when she said she wanted to be a family, he still had his doubts and suspicions. That was only cemented when Angel sent her warning in the letter. He had had a few days already to come to terms with it while for his younger siblings it was still fresh.

Kol and Rebekah were on a sofa looking at their mother scowling. They were feeling hurt, betrayed but also resigned. They knew it was wishful thinking, hoping their mother really meant it when she said she wanted to be a family. But they clung to that hope because they really wanted to be a whole family again.

Despite how Kol acts recklessly and torturing and murdering people, it was because he was in pain. Pain from loosing his magic, pain from his family falling apart, pain from being hunted by his own father, pain from feeling betrayed by his mother when she turned them unwillingly and pain from being left out of the vow. All that pain turned into anger and it drove him to do the crazy things he did.

Rebekah felt broken. All she wanted was love. Love from a mother, love from a father, love from her brothers and love from a man who would accept her. Her mother had turned them unwillingly and then offered hope of a peaceful family only to try to kill them. Her father who had once treated her like a princess had started hunting her and her siblings for the last 1000 years. Only to end up dying by her brothers hand. Her brothers had split up and tried killing each other. She stuck by Nik only for him to kill the men she loved and dagger her when she tried leaving. Every man she loved either got murdered by Nik or betrayed her or left her. She felt unlovable, like something was wrong with her. Receiving that dress from Angel had been the first time she felt valued by anyone in a very long time.

Finn was in another chair frowning. All his life he had stuck by his mother. He had abided by her rules. He had loved her and supported her beliefs. He had been willing to die for her cause. But now that he was looking at her temporarily dead form tied up in front of him he was going over his life again in his mind.

He remembers his mother selling his older twin and every firstborn to Dahlia, Esther's older sister as the price for being able to have children. He remembers his mother hardly helping Niklaus when their father abused him. He remembers his mother binding Niklaus wolf side making him miss half of himself. He remembers his mother being the one to turn them into vampires without their consent. He remembers her false promise of being a loving family only to turn to him for help with killing his younger siblings. He remembers Elijah telling him that mothers plan was to kill every vampire on earth by killing their family.

The reason he hated being a vampire was because he didn't want to be a monster. Wiping out an entire race would be the most monstrous deed anyone of his siblings had made. He didn't want to become that. Despite hating being a vampire and wanting to die he also has someone to live for now. Sage the woman he loves. Thinking about it made him angry. Angry at his mother and at himself for helping her harm his younger siblings when it's an older brothers duty to protect them.

Klaus was on another sofa with Angel next to him with his arm wrapped around her waist. He was feeling a lot of emotions at once. Anger, sadness, disappointment, resignation and betrayal. Anger that his mother betrayed the trust they put in her when she came back.

Sadness for his younger siblings who trusted her completely and are now heartbroken by her betrayal. Sadness that his mother didn't love him. All his life his father hated and abused him. It only got worse after he knew Klaus wasn't his son. He just wanted a parents love.

Disappointed in himself for letting his guard down around her and letting himself trust her. Disappointed that he let himself hope and believe a woman who had hurt him before more than once. Disappointed that he had to have his already stressed mate tell him of his mothers betrayal to see it. Disappointed that his mate who just came back to life had to be the one to organise everything to take care of his family's problems.

Resignation that his mother would always choose to hurt him after her affair was brought to light. That he was never loved by her the way he should have been. Resignation that his mother wanted to kill him and  his siblings, after having a few days to come to terms with it thanks to his mates letter.

Betrayed that someone he gave a second chance to had wanted to kill him. He felt betrayed by his own heart for making him trust her dispute all the signs and reasons not to. It should have been obvious after all her past actions before she came back.

His mother had healed his bruises as a child but she had never interfered when Mikael had hurt him either. She had alway been neutral as she watched. She had never told him the truth about his parentage until forced to. When he turned into a werewolf she hurt him by locking that side of him away. He killed her in a fit of rage and when she came back she said she forgave him only to try and kill him.

Betrayed that someone he trusted with his siblings had tried to hurt them. That she dared to try to kill his siblings after everything he's done to protect them. He had done everything in his power to keep his siblings safe, even when it made them think of him as a monster. He loved his siblings more than anything except his mate. The only reason he wasn't lashing out was because he had his mate in his arms.

Angel was feeling sadness and anger. Sadness for the Mikaelsons because she knew how it feels to have a mother betray you. Her birth mother Lily was loving and kind, everything a mother should be. She died to protect Angel despite being given the option to step aside and live. Her adoptive mother however was a different story. She participated in the Ohio mission and took care of Angel and Yelena for three years. She treated them as a mother should for three years, only to willingly send them to the hellhole called the red room. She let them think she was dead only to find out years later that she had been working for the red room and helping them mind control girls. Yes she eventually helped them take down the red room but that doesn't change the fact she betrayed them first.

Anger at the fact a mother actively tried to kill her children over something she caused. That she calls her own children abominations. That she locked half of her mate away, leaving him incomplete for 1000 years until he broke the curse. Angry that the woman gave her children false hope of being a loving family again. Angry that she gave her mate false forgiveness despite it being partially his mothers fault.