Chapter 5 Eat with me

The weekend goes by way too quickly and I am dreading today. I woke earlier than normal because I didn't know when Marcus would be showing up, and I don't  have his number.

The first thing I do is call into work letting my boss know I have emergency "family problems" that I need to take care of, and would need to take the next month off. Thankfully, it isn't a problem and I feel so relieved knowing I will have my job to come back once this nightmare is over.

I hurry and shower and throw myself together as quickly as I can. I've filled a large suitcase, and a couple of smaller bags with the essentials I'll need, and I'm now fully prepared to spend the next month in hell.

As i'm zipping up the last bag, a loud pounding echoes through my apartment. I zip up my bags and hurry to get the door. When I open it, Marcus is standing there with his hands in his jean pockets. He leans against the door frame and I can't help but let my eyes rake down his body. His dark t-shirt fits him perfectly, so that I can see the outline of his toned chest. This is the first time I've seen him in jeans and I have to admit I love it. He's smiling but he's got a look of mischief in his eyes. "Time to go maid."

I fold my arms over my chest and glower at him. "I'm not going anywhere with you if you don't stop acting like a douche bag."

He laughs, ignoring my protests as he walks into my apartment. I am officially pissed off and it's not even noon. I follow him until we were in my room.

"Well, come in I guess." I mutter sarcastically. I notice he hasn't brought anyone with him like he said, but I don't make the effort to ask.

He is examining my room with a look of judgment on his face, "This is where you sleep?"

I immediately become defensive at the tone of his voice, "Why? Not good enough for you?"

He turns to me, amusement in his eyes and shrugs, "I could never imagine what it would be like to sleep in a room this small and dull. "

I throw my hands up into the air and decide I'm not even going to start this argument. I grab my heavy suitcase off of the bed and heave it onto the ground.

"Well, since it's such an eye sore for you let's get out of here. Oh and why you're at it grab that kennel over there." I point to the kennel that Finn is snuggled up in.

Marcus walks over to the kennel and nudges it with his immaculate shoes. "What the hell is this?"

I roll my eyes, "That is a kennel and inside is a cat, smart ass."

He frowns at the kennel and scoffs,  "You really expect me to pick this thing up? There's hair all over it."

I set my bags down on the floor, that I have slung over my shoulder. "Fine, well then I'm not going. I told you the cat comes with me."

He groans and grabs the cage a little rougher than I like. "Hey, you be careful with that!"

"Let's just get out of this... shack." He carefully grabs the bags on the floor, careful not to shake the kennel, and slings them over his shoulders.

Oh that's rich considering you now own this damn "shack".

I grab my suitcase and wheel it after him. "You know, you're acting like a spoiled brat right now and I don't appreciate it."

I quickly lock the door behind me and follow him down to his car. Marcus puts my bags and Finn's kennel in the back seat. He takes my suit case from me, and I get into the car while he places it into the trunk. I turn in my seat so I can see how Finn is doing. He is sleeping soundly in his cage. I swear he can sleep through  anything.