04

"So this is your childhood room?" Peter hummed as he glanced around the space. It was plain. Grey blue walls with a single bed in one corner and matching wood furniture. A few pieces of paper full of math equations were stuck above the desk and he could see various science books on the shelves. It was clearly a child's bedroom, but one designed for studying rather than normal childhood. It was Five's and that was easy to see. Peter closed the door behind him and sat on the edge of the bed as Five opened the wardrobe.

"Ah shit", he sighed as they were faced with rows of the same umbrella academy uniforms. Peter laughed as Five reluctantly took one out and tossed it over to him. "We should be the same size", he stated as he took one for himself.

Peter stared at it with wide eyes. "I've never worn a uniform before", he muttered as he pulled the blazer off the hanger. He didn't mind sharing clothes with Five, they had done so many times during their relationship.

"It's not a noteworthy experience", Five replied as he headed for the door. "Come on. I'll show you the showers". The bathrooms were big and tiled with large shower stalls and bigger tubs. Five handed him soaps and before long they were back in Five's room to change. The relief of actual showers and running water too overpowering to bask in it for long. Peter was sure that he would spend all day in the water if Five didn't drag him out.

"Do you think we could find a hoodie or something I could steal?" Peter asked as he began to change into the uniform. His towel discarded on the floor and blonde curls dripping with water. "Also shoes. I don't think we have the same shoe size". He gestured to their feet. Five's were noticeably bigger. The brunette frowned at them then sighed. His hair already partially dry as he finished buttoning up his shirt.

"Sure. Let me tie your tie before you strangle yourself with it", he batted Peter's hands away and set about tying the material, fingers swift.

Peter watched and sighed deeply. He leaned forwards to rest his forehead against Five's. The touch warm and centring as he closed his eyes. "It's weird to see you like this", he mumbled. "You look like you did when we first met. I forget how young we were".

"You are painfully young", Five sighed as they parted to stare at each other. Green eyes and brown, both much older than their physical appearances.

Five pulled back first and headed for the door. "Come on. Let's see if any of the others still have any clothes that will fit you".

---------------------

An hour later and they were in the drawing room. Peter with a old pair of Allison's childhood trainer's on his feet and one of Klaus' old hoodies unzipped under his blazer instead of the uniform jumper. The trainers were a faded white with red stripes while the hoodie was navy blue. He had loosened his tie and untucked his shirt from his shorts, looking like a child who would most likely spend his days in detention than the uniform advertisement that Five seemed to be. The brunette's uniform perfect, right down to his knee high socks. One of Peter's was already falling down.

"You look very severe" he commented as the two of them stared at the portrait on the mantle. Footsteps sounded behind them and they both turned to see Vanya joining them.

"It's nice to know dad didn't forget me", Five commented as he turned to her. Vanya was pale and seemed smaller in ways that wasn't just her stature. "Read your book by the way. Found it in a library that was still standing".

"That was a good library", Peter recalled as he studied the skull of a dog resting on the coffee table. This mansion had weird decor, probably saying something about the man who had owned it.

"I think it was pretty good", Five spoke. "All things considered. Definitely ballsy, giving up the family secrets. Sure that went over well".

"They hate me", Vanya stated.

"Oh, there are worse things that can happen".

Vanya's eyes were dark. "Like what happened to Ben?"

Five's expression didn't change but his tone softened. "Was it bad?" Vanya nodded and for a second the room was silent.

"Hey, darling? Is this an actual taxidermy?" Peter called from where he was looking up at the antelope head hanging on the wall above them. He had seen taxidermies before, but that was in the apocalypse when everything was ruined. Even after a few years with the commission, Peter was still getting used to the world. It had been a place new to him before and his curiosity was eager.

Five glanced up at his husband, who had flown up to poke at the glass eyes of the mounted head. Peter grinned and floated back down just as Vanya turned to see what he was doing. "There are worst things, you could be married for one thing", Five muttered under his breath to his sister before rising his voice. "Peter, you're fifty seven. Stop touching everything".

"Don't ruin my fun old man", Peter called back from where he was now rummaging through the drinks selection at the bar. Five huffed and rolled his eyes but there was a slight fondness in his gaze that few people knew how to read.

Vanya caught it. "I can't believe you're married. How did you two meet?" She asked as Peter stepped back to Five's side. The blonde's hair had dried and the golden curls were messy and sticking up in a halo of fluff. When he smiled, he almost seemed to glow which was in contrast to Five's pale and sharper aura. They looked like complete opposites if you couldn't see the trauma and weight in their gazes. Their eyes were the same, sharp and older than their faces. It was slightly unsettling and when Peter smiled, it was with a mischievous curl and a sharp toothed edge.

"I had an accident and ended up in the future about a year after Five. It took me a while to cross the ocean but I eventually found him. Been together ever since". He grinned and rested his arm over Five's shoulders as he held out his free hand to Vanya. "It's nice to meet his family".

"Nice to meet you too", Vanya shook it. "I'm glad Five wasn't alone".

"I'm sure he wished it occasionally", Peter laughed. "But he still agreed to marry me".

"Only because you were the last person left on the planet other than me", Five stated calmly. Peter rolled his eyes.

"Still married me", he retorted.

Vanya smiled gently. The boy's bickering reminding her of an old couples', which they technically were. It was fond and she could tell that there was an undertone of love and care there, even if Five didn't show it. They were disturbed by Luther stepping into the room. He looked over them. "We're scattering Dad's ashes in the courtyard in a minute", he announced.

unedited

If you haven't noticed yet then Five's love language is through actions and touch.