SIX

Lyanna

After a morning shower, Harper and I changed into new clothes delivered by the gamma.  We were told to go down as there was a new development.  When we exited the pack house, two black SUVs were parked in front.  

"Lyanna", Rhett started addressing me by my first name because a number of pack warriors are close by. "We are dropping you off to the Blue Stone pack,"  he added.

"Really?"  I sounded both happy and sad at the same time.  Is my mate letting me go just like that?  This is probably the new development that Vino is talking about.

"You and Harper will ride this SUV.  I and some warriors will escort you, but before that, the Alpha King would wish to talk to you in the other car."  I nodded to Rhett and helped Harper in before I approached the other car.  My heart is beating fast.

A warrior opened the door for me and I slid right in the back seat as directed.  Beside me Knox is sitting upright.  He is wearing a suit and he looked gorgeous but dead serious.

"Lyanna, you and Harper are returning to your uncle's pack for a few hours.  You may pack some personal items that you will be needing here. Say you goodbyes.  I thought about what you have said about your reputation.  Believe me my little bunny, the last thing I want is for other wolves to look down on you.  With that, Rhett thought of a way.  I found the idea passable.  You will give your uncle this document."  He hands me a sealed brown envelope.

"What is this?"  I asked as I accepted the document.

"This document states that since you and Harper trespassed on royal territory, you will serve your punishment.  Your punishment is community service for six months.  You will serve as a pack nurse here.  Harper may continue schooling here at the royal pack.  This way, your entry to my pack will not be tainted.  And much as I hate this part, you and Harper will stay in the pack house.  As for us, we will keep our distance until the safety protocol for you has been ironed out."

"I'm fine with this, thank you." 

"I'm not."  He turned to me and scooped my back and legs.  I am now sitting on his lap.  Goddess, he smells so heavenly.  

"All I want is to be this close to you, but for your safety I am willing to sacrifice.  I'll see you in the evening.  Be safe little bunny."  With that he dived for a kiss.  His grip on my neck and back tighten as if he does not want to let go.  But he must let go. 

...................................

"Lyanna, Harper, are you alright my girls?  Beta Rhett what is the meaning of this?"  My uncle confronted Rhett. 

"Alpha Waylen, I believe Lyanna has an official document from the Alpha King that would explain things."  

My uncle turned to me and held me by my hands, "Lyanna, what is going on?  Where is this document?" I was so moved by my uncle's concern and at the same time sad that I brought him so much anxiety.  I handed him the document and he and the beta went to his office to discuss the matter.

Harper and I were greeted by the pack members.  They asked how we were and why we were gone for days.  All we tell them is that we got in trouble with the royal pack.  One woman commented that people thought that I went to the palace to offer myself to the king.  She even added, she would understand since most girls nowadays are desperate to get the attention of the now aloof Alpha King.  It was like a new sport for them.

I am shocked at how casual they talk about the king's sex life.  I am tempted to ask how the king has lived his life in the past years but do I really want to know.  Better not.  Harper and I went to our room and started packing.