Chapter 23: A Taste So Sweet

MAX

MAX

I'm fumbling for a condom on the nightstand and shaking. The taste of Lily is fresh on my lips, and I can only hope that I satisfied her as much as she did me earlier.

Never have I wanted to satisfy a woman so much. I've been planning tonight all day since the encounter in my dressing room. It's all I could think of throughout post-race interviews, autograph sessions and that tedious party.

I imagined peeling off Lily's clothes, teasing her for hours. In the end, we tumbled into bed laughing, and now she's naked and wet and ready for me. She's still panting, her hair a mess. Looking so fucking perfect while she stares at me with a mixture of desire and shock.

Yeah, I've learned a lot since we last were together, and I'm going to use every trick at my disposal. Or maybe not, because the way she responds to me — and the way I'm treating her, with reverence and need and something deeper that I can't put a name to just yet — feels perfect.

Effortless.

I finally tear the foil packet open with my teeth and slide the condom on my dick, which is positively aching to be inside her.

"Come here," she murmurs, guiding me on top of her. From her curves to her freckles to that little mole on her inner thigh, everything about Lily is perfect. My catnip.

The way her eyes light up when she sees me naked. The way she swallows hard and licks her lips when she looks at me like that.

I study her face for a second, our eyes locked. Her thumb skims my lips.

"I can't believe we're doing this," she whispers.

"This is what you want, right?"

She doesn't answer for a split second, and in that moment, the bottom falls out of my world. This is all I want, being here in bed with her. Screw races, trophies, championships. I've been chasing this feeling I had with her for years, only to find that my feelings had everything to do with her.

That she wasn't interchangeable with just any woman.

"Yes. A thousand times, yes."

I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and dip my head so I can devour her mouth. While we're kissing, she gently guides my dick to her entrance. Something about the way she smells, like jasmine and sex, makes every pleasure center in my brain light up.

I sink inside of her, my lips hovering over hers. She's warm and so deliciously wet, and when I groan in pleasure, she gasps a little.

"Lilly? Are you okay?"

"Yes, it just feels..." She squeezes her eyes shut and buries her head into the hollow between my neck and shoulder.

"Too much? Does it hurt?" I'm fully in now, balls deep. It feels exquisite to me, but for her, I'm not sure.

"No, it feels perfect." Her voice cracks, and I ease out a little, then thrust back in.

That's when I notice her eyes are glistening. And one of her cheeks is wet.

"Baby? Mausebär?" I say hesitantly. "Are you crying?"

She nods. "Yeah, a little. But not because it hurts. It's just really emotional, doing this with you."

"I know. I know." My voice is hoarse now, and all the emotions I've bottled up inside over the past seven years are threatening to break free.

I try to kiss the tears away. She's shaking all over, but I still don't know what to do. I take a deep breath and thrust harder. My mind is numb from pleasure and emotion, and all I can do is to focus on the feeling of her wrapped around me. The feeling that I finally have everything I want.

I repeat her name a few times in between kisses, in time with my thrusts. Of all the things I expected tonight, her crying wasn't among them. I'm not even sure how to feel right now, so I keep kissing and pick up my pace, losing myself in the feeling of her.

"Yes," she breathes into my ear. "Like that, Max. Fuck me exactly like that."

She kisses me just as fierce as I'm kissing her, and now I'm hammering into her, hard and deep. Her legs are wrapped around my hips, her heels digging into my ass. Her tears are gone now, replaced with an expression that's contorted with pleasure. 

She cries out and scrapes her nails into my back. Our sweat-soaked bodies slap together in the semi-darkness. We are finally together again. I'm a little afraid.

Afraid of what these scrapes will leave behind on my back, afraid to know where this will lead.

Or where it will end.

I move in and out of her like a piston, in rhythm with her own thrusts beneath me. It doesn't take me long to feel the familiar tingle in my balls, telling me I'm about to explode. When it happens, it almost takes me by surprise. I've lost all control, it seems.

I come inside of her, my body shuddering with pleasure. It is like sliding through warm cream inside of her, my every cell screaming with pleasure. I can only do one thing: laugh out of sheer joy because we're making the greatest kind of magic.

She's laughing too, pulling me down, so my full weight is on her body.

"Oh my god," she says, in between giggles and kisses. "What the hell just happened?"

"I have no idea," I reply.

All I can think of is when we'll be able to do it again.