TWENTY

Mason Mount threw his head back and laughed as he sat on the couch that night, arm draped around Berkley as she struggled to grab her phone out of his grasp.

"It's not that funny!" She grumbled playfully, reaching across his lap to try and attain the phone that he held as far from her as he could.

"It's fucking hilarious, what do you mean?!" He cried out in laughter. The boy looked back at the lit up screen and laughed even more. "Come back to Arsenal please, I miss you." Mason howled another laugh as he mocked the DM she had sent to Mesut Özil no more than 5 months ago.

Berkley rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest, hiding the smile that couldn't help but force its way upon her face.

The couple had been sat on Ben's couch all night from the moment Berkley arrived with Romeo, Gemma, and her roommates, an hour ago to now as Mason took no time swooping in and beginning to speak to her. They were inseparable, spending majority of their time speaking to solely one another and the occasional person who would come by and sit with them.

In this case, it was Christian Pulisic who had jumped over the back of the couch before plopping down beside Berkley as she snatched her phone out of Mason's hands before hugging it to her chest.

She hadn't even noticed the American's presence as she was too preoccupied with giving the British boy the stink eye. "Don't act like you didn't message Frank Lampard the same thing when yous was a kid."

"I sent fan mail and I was like sixteen years old," Mason said, throwing his hands up in defence, "no shame."

Berkley just rolled her eyes with a playful head shake before she followed where Mason's stare landed on the figure behind her, turning to see Christian sat sipping his drink and minding his own business until the two were finished.

"Oh hello," she greeted, slightly surprised by how she didn't notice his presence sooner.

However, Christian's gaze seemed to stay planted in the distance as he nodded, "what's good?" He said, almost half-heartedly like he was in a daze.

Berkley furrowed her eyebrows before turning to look at Mason, seeing him give an equally confused expression. The boy shrugged before trying to follow his eyes.

Most of the night, Berkley hadn't worried about her own friends. This party was Romeo's natural habitat, Gemma would find her people to talk to and just stick with them, Kiana was just like Berkley and April must have been off speaking to her cousin or other footballers. It was hard to not like April De Luca in all her half Italian glory.

However, Berkley was surprised when she saw Christian's stare stay fixated on the familiar brunette girl laughing with Declan Rice and Jack Grealish, speaking to them naturally as if they had been friends forever.

She contorted her face, looking at Christian before nudging him with her elbow. "Oi," she said, causing him to dart his gaze to her, "why you staring at April?"

Christian's eyebrows stayed knitted, staring at the girl confused before looking to Mason for assistance. However, he just shrugged, leaving Christian to fend for himself as he just shook his head unknowingly. "She just looks familiar, that's all." Christian said. The boy thought for a moment before sitting up straighter, turning to the pair in intrigue, "actually- you know, earlier she came up to me... it was really weird. She thought I was Mateo and started speaking to me in Croatian? Not sure why."

"She can speak Croatian?" Mason mumbled to Berkley in shock, making the girl just nod with nonchalance.

"She's fluent in French, Croatian, Spanish, and Italian," Berkley said, pausing for a moment before tilting her head slightly, "and she can sort of speak Hebrew."