Chapter 22

(Y/n) sat next to Gloxinia, and stared in the direction that Diane and King left, pensive and pleased.

Indeed. This outcome was not so bad.

But who'd have thought King admired them so?
(How'd they know of his admiration? Well, (Y/n) took a little peak with heart reading - you know, Gloxinia's fairy ability. Out of curiousity).

'Honestly, I'm really not the best inspiration to follow. But whatever. My ego soared high from that.'

Meanwhile, Gloxinia gazed towards (Y/n), still tracing his fingers gently across their hand.

He decided to speak first, breaking the still quietness that remained, and attracting (Y/n)'s attention.
"You handled that well. King seems to hold you in really high regards."

Then, he paused a bit, and gave them a questioning look. "Hey, did you expect this to happen? King's reaction, I mean."

Releasing a small laugh in response, (Y/n) opted to turn and plop their head on Gloxinia's lap, before responding. Why? They simply missed doing so.

"You make me seem like some genius mastermind. I hadn't planned that whole conversation out from the start, if that's what you're wondering."

With (Y/n)'s head now in his lap, Gloxinia found himself playing with their hair with one of his hands. While, his other held onto (Y/n)'s.

"Then?" He pressed for an answer.

"To be honest, I just teased King as usual. But I'll admit I intended to give his growth a little boost with some motivation, sometime into the conversation. And that just so happened to work."

"I see." Gloxinia said with wonder, then deadpanned.
"That was motivation?" He asked, referring to (Y/n)'s insults.

"Toxic motivation." (Y/n) happily replied.

They saw Gloxinia give them an incredulous stare from above. "What?"

"What, what?" He repeated, curious.

"Your expression. You appear quizzical."

"Oh. I'm just trying to understand you."

"Okay." (Y/n) simply stated, ending the topic, not bothered to speak further.

They proceeded to turn their body to face Gloxinia (so their front is against Gloxinia, instead of their back), and placed their face on the fairy's stomach.
Then, removing their hand from Gloxinia's, they reached to place their arms around his waist, and engulf him in an embrace.

Gloxinia allowed them to do so. When (Y/n) settled down into the new position, the fairy continued to play with their (H/c) hair, in comfortable silence.

He's more relaxed under their touch, (Y/n) noticed. Usually, he'd be really flustered, or perhaps somewhat annoyed, like in their early encounters.

It seems he's become surprisingly comfortable and restful with them now.

But at the same time, (Y/n)'s not really trying to intentionally fluster him either - equally unusual, if you were to ask Gloxinia.

'Gloxinia's also acting rather softly affectionate himself. How come?'
(Y/n) thought to themselves, as they snuggled further into the fairy's chest.

Ah.

'I guess, this started when I cried for the first time in front of him. It was also the first time I cried since coming into Britannia.
Gloxinia has become more gentle and cuddly since then.'

How comfortingly cute of him.

Speaking of which, weren't they currently in the same position as that time, too?