26 | petulant

🏁

◢◤◢◤◢◤ Circuit 26 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

◢◤◢◤◢◤          Circuit 26       ◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Ouuuu, you all look fancy. What's the occasion?" I chirped, seeing Theo approach the lockers in the hall with the two familiar faces beside him.

"Sainz! Good to see your face again. How was your weekend?" Kade is the first to greet me with a suffocating hug as he pulls out the cherry lollipop from his mouth.

"It was good. Yours?"

"Divine," he described. "Spent the day at the beach with Skye and we had popsicles. Did you know there's corn-flavored ice cream? I don't know what world I was living in but damn was it good. It even looked like a real corn! What was it called again?" Kade's excitement is directed toward his other friend.

"Corn Ice Cream." Russell lowered his cell phone as he looks up at me with a grave expression, "It's just called 'Corn Ice Cream', Kade." His presence, a stark contrast to Kade's, shifts the atmosphere, changing the playful mood to one of seriousness.

We exchange a brief glance and I greet him with a grin. He nodded his head as though he was fully aware of my presence but couldn't care less to say hi.

"You went, too?"

"Out of my own free will," Russell grumbled.

"That's not true!" Kade exclaims and takes his phone and pulls up a photo of Russell in nothing but black shorts, lying beneath an umbrella with his legs tangled and shades on top of his nose. "You were clearly having fun."

"Seemed like he was," I giggled softly before Russell could pry the phone away from Kade's hold. "I couldn't tell if he was asleep or not."

"Oh, trust me. He was. You should see the picture I took when he was drooling all over the picnic blanket-"

"You are not going to show any more of my fucking face without my permission, motherfucker." Russell hissed at him before he finally gave up, "I am going to break your hands before you can."

While the two were distracted, I glanced at Theo, shamelessly checking him out as I admired his pulled-back hairstyle, then to the long sleeve sweater rolled up his arms and the matching dark trousers, the watch around his forearm, and down to his shiny Balmain dress shoes.

God damn.

"Oh, we have interviews for a scout team from a potential Ivy League school." The quiet boy answered as he awkwardly scratched the back of his head, causing his shirt to ride up slightly if it weren't for the leather belt holding everything together.

He gulped and adjusted his posture, standing a bit taller in anticipation of the challenging yet exciting opportunity that lay ahead.

However, there was a lack of excitement in Theo's eyes compared to the gleam across Kade's features.