Chapter 3: Cookies & Emotional Damage

Ughhh.

Persephone Jackson felt like she was run over by a tow truck fifty times. Her body was achey and everything felt heavy. It was like she was made out of lead.

Where am I?

She was used to being too lazy to move, but this was a whole new experience. It wasn't that she didn't want to, she simply couldn't.

Then something decided to interrupt her self pity.

"She should be awake by now." Poseidon said, his voice laced with concern.

Why? Did I set an alarm? How long has this nap been?

It can't be that bad.

Apollo responded, "She did a lot. You can't rush beauty sleep."

Why are they standing near my bed talking about me? Are they at my house or am I in Olympus?

"But it's been weeks!" The sea god argued. But then his voice grew softer. "There has to be something we can do to hurry this up."

Ahem. Weeks? Fudge nuggets.

Apollo cleared his throat. "Okay, okay, I'll try something. I am, after all, the creative one."

He turned toward Percy. "Percy, wake up."

Poseidon glared at him. "You-"

"Percy, if you can hear me, you should know that I have a batch of blue chocolate chip cookies here on the table."

Ok, that was it. She had to get up. She needed those cookies.

"And," the sun god continued, "I will eat them if you don't wake up."

He wouldn't dare.

When the daughter of the sea did not instantly awake from her slumber, Apollo walked around the bed. "Tsk, tsk, tsk, well that's a shame. They look so blue and tasty."

This is torture. I wish I died.

The sound of a jar opening met her ears. He held out the jar under her nose.

Fudge me.

He put the jar back on the table.

Her pinky twitched.

"Apollo, this is a serious matter-" Poseidon interrupted.

He held up his hand in a 'stop' motion. "And so is Percy's love of cookies. You know that."

"But it's not working yet, is it?"

Apollo cocked his head to the side. "Well, I haven't pulled out the big guns yet."

Poseidon raised an eyebrow.

"You see this cookie? I'm going to bite it."

No, no, no, no, no. Nooooooo.

She heard the sound of a cookie being bitten.

The emotional damage was insane.

Percy tried her absolute hardest to move.

She needed to murder her friend. No one touches Percy cookies.

I need to stop this.

"I'm gonna take another bite," Apollo said in a teasing tone.

Suddenly, Percy's eyes shot open and a gasp left her lips. "Don't fuc-" Her words cut off when she started coughing roughly.

The two gods stared at her with wide eyes. Apollo held out a glass of water towards her with an amused smile. "What was that?"