EIGHT

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 :
subway ride straight to hell

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     GALE HAD GOTTEN attacked in her apartment

GALE HAD GOTTEN attacked in her apartment. The killer got past the woman's bodyguard—via murder—and almost killing her, however the reporter toughed it out and was now being transported to the hospital.

The entire group was in the lobby of Gale's apartment complex, watching her body get wheeled out into an ambulance.

Danny rushed into the lobby. He was breathing rapidly and looking hurriedly for them, once he spotted the group, he made his way over to them and stopped in front of them, "I got here as fast as I could."

"Did you?" Tara interrogated suspiciously as everyone looked up at the man with a glare. Danny looked at the young girl in confusion.

"I'm scared you guys." Mindy confessed, her voice vulnerable as she stared at the floor, "I really don't wanna get hurt again."

Brienne looked at Ethan, and lightly grasped his hand. He looked down at her with a soft gleam in his eyes. The girl turned away, looking at her friends.

"Neither do I." Chad agreed, his voice breaking as he did so. He turned towards his sister with a shaky breath, evidently nervous by even the thought of getting injured like the last incident .

"I don't want you to get hurt again either." Mindy said to her brother.

Chad nodded, leaning his head onto the wall. He tapped his sister's knee comfortingly as he said, "I know."

A quick moment of silence passed. Tara leaned her head onto Mindy's shoulder. Ethan began to rub his thumb gently on the back of Brienne's palm. Brienne turned to him and saw him giving her a reassuring expression.

"So," Chad started with a frown, "what do we do now?"

"Maybe he gets to win this time." Sam responded, a disappointed undertone to her words. "He wants to punish me. Me. So, maybe I let him."

What kind of drugs is she on? Give herself up? What? Brienne furrowed her eyebrows.

The group all became more alert with Sam's words, each disagreeing with the statement. Tara shook her head and went to say something, but Sam continued, "I'll just give myself up, if that's what I have to do to keep you safe...It's worth it."