chapter 14

They walked together hand in hand near the water.
When the waves crashed against the surface the water would come up to their feet.
At first Ailee squealed at the cool sensation and held his hand and ever since they've been like that.

They talked about how they spent their time while he was in a different country and got to know more about each other.

She was shocked to know about his rather busy schedule. Like it's totally packed. While on the other hand she could barely complete one task without taking a break.

He now knew the little girl next to him loves to read and was an amazing cook. She stays at home usually and has plenty of time to practice cooking and hence mastered it.

"Here" she said, passing him a chocolate.

He accepted and started unwrapping it quietly.

"I came prepared today, you know, last time we were hungry and had to go to the diner." she said, turning towards him and walking backwards.

He hummed and adjusted her hood as it was getting colder especially since they were near the ocean.

"Why don't you go outside much?" he asked.

"Just makes me uncomfortable," she said, shrugging.

He just nodded.

They walked back to the car and towards her home.

In the car he gave her the permission to play music because last time when she asked for it they were almost there so she couldn't play some.

She played Overdrive by Conan Gray and sang along.

He was enjoying both the song and her singing, no matter how quietly she was doing it.

After a few more songs they were standing outside her house.

"Bye Xavier" she said, opening the door and yawning cutely.

"Mhmm bye" he said waiting for her to go inside.

"Take care" she said and went in.

When he heard the door lock he drove off.

___

Ailee was preparing to go to the office today as requested by Emma.

She has been there a few times so she wasn't that nervous but you never know what might happen.

They somehow convinced her to go with them in the morning and come back with them too.

So she will be working in the office all day like she is supposed to.

She got ready, not forgetting to wear some accessories and the friendship bracelet which she hasn't taken off since that day and went down to meet up with the rest of her family.

"Yes lady boss let's goooo" said Iris, hugging Ailee.

She giggled and replied positively.
She went in the same car as Emma and Iris and they joked around all through the ride guessing the occupation of some random strangers that they saw on the road.

They finally arrived and headed in.

The employees wished her and kept looking her way because her presence in that place wasn't something common. Also they were mesmerized by her beauty. She keeps getting prettier everyday, they thought.

After meetings and greetings she went towards her place.
Her cabin was already set. It always was. Though she never uses it, her father made sure it was there and well kept just in case she decides to join someday.