Chapter-21

Anastasia's POV

Anastasia's POV

It was all a dream, I already knew that. None of this was real. How could it be? My life had never been this kind to me, but for a few moments I sat content. Sitting in a flower garden, idle chatter filled my ears.

Kai was sitting beside me, engrossed in his own book. My family spread across around us. Occupied by their own little hobbies. There was peace, so I was sure as fuck this wouldn't last. Maybe this was some pre arrival in hell thing.

Maybe they let you have a few moments of peace before you were tortured for eternity. Or maybe the torture had already started and this was some psychological way of torture that was just about to turn super ugly.

"Why do you do this?" I turn to my side and see that Kai is sitting up now and facing me. The book no where on site, I glance around for a second and see that my entire family has let go of what they were doing before and has turned to me.

"What?" I ask, "Be this way. You act like you think of yourself as a monster." my eyes widen as Kai says those words, and I scoff, looking around, to see my whole family looking at me with anticipation.

"I act like it because the whole fucking world told me so. Almost everyone in my life has called me a monster, and so after a point I stopped trying to prove them wrong. Cause fuck it. If you can't beat em, join em." I told him.

"You have disappointed everyone you know that. I feel ashamed by you." My father spoke, I laughed, "Oh you're proud of that?" he asks in that skin crawling patronising way. "You know what? You're not the first person to say that to me?" I walk up close to him, not breaking eye contact as I look the man straight on. "And I know you sure as hell aren't going to be the last one."

" I realised a long time ago that something inside me is broken, and it can never be fixed. And if I drag the people care about with me, then they break too. And I'm don't want to do that. So what's the fucking point."

"You're doing this to yourself you know." One of them say but i've already turned around, trying to calm myself and stop the tears. What the fuck is wrong with me? I can't even be vulnerable in a dream?

"Just shut up." I say. But they don't stop, one by one each of them speaks up. Something or the other, Either blaming me for making their lives hell or telling me that I'm the one making my own life hell. The voices keep get getting louder until I finally turn to see them walking towards me. Speaking without even stopping half a second to take a breath.

They started to get so close that I had to start stepping back, "Stop!" I yelled but yielded nothing. I kept stepping back until I was literally running backwards, not being able to take my eyes off them.

In hindsight I should have turned because out of nowhere my foot hit something hard enough to make me fall back. and with the blink of an eye I was not in the park anymore.