Smile my child and a Lion careful plan: To the Fairies They Draw Near

"The world moves on; the one that used to be remembered as a hero falls into vileness while the one that was cast out becomes the hero," their mother said. "Whatever the case, whether it is good or not is up for debate. This world has forgotten you, my coconut, so make them remember and fear your name again as they have for years before you went to sleep. They got used to magic being at their fingertips, when we both know that without you, they would never get to use it."

-------------------------------------------------------------

'Cub, that was foolish,' their dad chides, making his move with a rook to F6.

"I found it amusing," Yuu retorts, shifting their rook to F3. Regardless of their actions, the outcome is inevitable: another loss in the game. As the match unfolds, moves are made from rook to E.5, and a castle is sacrificed. Once again, Yuu is on the losing end, and their father's victory is assured. He always emerges triumphant, without fail.

'Amusement aside, your actions have consequences. People are now aware of your capabilities. Also, checkmate,' their dad declares, picking up a pawn. 'Remember, view everyone as a pawn, but don't forget that even a pawn can eventually bring down a queen,' he adds, crushing the pawn between his fingers.

"I comprehend, father," Yuu concedes, their gaze fixed on the chessboard. "I'll see you later, dad. Perhaps next time, I'll manage to best you."

'You always offer that same excuse every time you lose, cub,' their dad's voice echoes as the chess pieces are put away. Yuu shakes their head in response, watching as their dad and the room dissolve into the background. They wake up in their bed, casting a glance at the mirror above the fireplace. There's an unsettling sensation about the mirror, though Yuu can't quite pinpoint what it is. But, as with everything else in their life, they decide to deal with it later.

" Mmm. Didja see that... Totally wrecked 'em with my power shot..." Grim mumbles in his sleep. Yuu chuckles softly, carefully adjusting Grim's head onto the pillow.

Instead of just covering Grim with a blanket, Yuu arranges it more thoughtfully; they can't afford to have their only neighbor fall ill. Grim's sleep-talk antics have been disrupting Yuu's rest, and the throbbing at the back of their head hasn't helped either. They're not entirely sure how they managed to get out of that predicament, but not without cost—the back of their head still aches.

Checking the clock, Yuu notices it's 4:00 AM, just half an hour before their usual waking time. Well, it seems like the perfect opportunity to inspect the garden. Yuu slips out of bed and quickly changes into nighttime attire suitable for a brief garden visit.

'Not bad, hmmm, wear the blue-black jacket,' their mother suggests as she helps Yuu put on the jacket. Their parents have started to manifest as spectral forms, a reassuring sign that they might eventually regain corporeal bodies. With the blue-black jacket now on, Yuu makes their way out of the room, navigating through the corridors until they step out into the garden. Ramshackle is peacefully asleep, while the garden stands watch in the quiet night.

The garden holds a tranquil beauty, much like the image it replicates from Yuu's memories of their former home. It's a serene haven, and Yuu takes a deep breath of the crisp night air, feeling a sense of calm wash over them. But then, the faint chimes and tinkling of the fairies' presence reach their ears. The fairies are seeking a late-night treat, and Yuu can hardly deny them. It's best to keep the fairies content, after all.

With a simple gesture, Yuu conjures up an array of sweets, a teapot filled with various teas, and a set of delicate teacups for both themselves and the fairies. Seated amidst the blooming flora, Yuu observes as the garden comes alive with soft light, illuminating the surroundings while the stars twinkle even more brightly in response. It's a magical scene that mirrors the enchanting world Yuu has come to embrace.