3

Word Count: 1426

~Hunter

I stare at the ceiling, jaw tightly clenched.

This went wrong. So terribly wrong.

I'm stuck here, at the mercy of a ditzy girl in the home of others related to the Alpha. There is someone that can't know where I am, and the longer I am here, the more at risk I am of being hunted down again.

I feel as though I'm just sitting, waiting for him to show up.

The moment I'm healed, I'm out of here, but not before killing the Alpha.

I don't know this Alpha, but I know that they will happily hand me over to my pursuers. And because I'm injured, I won't be able to escape him either...

The bedroom door opening has me sitting up.

It's him...Kaan.

The hunting attire he was once wearing is gone, replaced by a neatly pressed tunic. He looks more like an Alpha, with his deep brown curls neatly placed, his skin smooth and unmarred.

It's the hidden muscle I noted beneath his clothing that deceived me into thinking he was more than a royal.

"Come any closer and I kill you," I warn, pressing my back into the wood-carved headboard.

He stalks in, thumb playing with a silver ring on his index finger. His sharp green eyes survey me, likely not impressed by my bed-ridden state.

I'm more concerned for him finishing me off than terrible I currently look.

"Don't be so dramatic," he mutters, looking around the room distastefully.

By the way his nose scrunches up, he isn't impressed by the cloying smell in here coming from all the wilting flowers. To be fair, neither am I.

"You shot me. You're the reason I'm stuck here," I snap. I get the feeling he's as arrogant as every Alpha I've ever met, and feels entitled to kill me if I become a liability.

"You were in dangerous lands. I was telling you to leave, or to announce yourself."

"If they are so dangerous, why were you out there?" What could possibly be dangerous here? I've heard little about this small Kingdom for a reason.

I was hoping I would just pass through it. So much for that.

"My sister and I were hunting," he comments. I watch him pluck a petal from a blush pink rose. He runs it between his fingers as he watches me.

"Hunting for innocent people to shoot in the back?" I retort.

His lips curve up ever so slightly. "Animals, actually. My sister doesn't know much about the forbidden lands, and as the Alpha's sister, she needed to learn."

Forbidden lands? That sounds ominous, despite the environment being anything such.

Still, a animal hunter doesn't carry poisonous arrows. There was something else out there that they were hunting.

"What is so forbidden about that land? It looked fine to me."

I'm not interested in chatting with him, but I am curious. At home we had no such thing, but varying Pack's operate differently.

He gives me a hard look. "Am I supposed to believe that you are completely unaware of the lands your entered into."

I clutch the sheets tightly. "Shooting me in the back was not a fair reaction."

He raises his brows.

"I suppose I could have chased you down, grabbed you and brought you back here, although I doubt the civilians of this pack would appreciate me carrying a kicking and screaming criminal over my shoulder."