Chapter XLII

Harry rolled out of bed slowly so as not to wake Daphne. It was early in the morning and he was only partially asleep when he heard Kairos Iolanthe about to fuss.

As he stood, he picked up the bottle of her milk from the side table. He was thankful for whoever commercialized having preservation charms on baby bottles. He could only smile as he looked down at her. She was in her Moses basket that they placed inside a bassinet close to the bed.

He lifted her into his arms gently, securing her before placing the bottle on her lips. She latched onto the nipple with a greedy suckle.

"You'll make yourself sick again," Harry whispered to her. He carefully checked her nappy while she ate.

Harry had managed to summon what he needed, clean her, and use a modified levitation charm to keep the bottle in place as she ate. He vanished the soiled nappy quickly. He kept her cradled to his chest as he slide back into the bed, leaning against the headboard.

He must have fallen asleep at some point before when he opened his eyes, his wife was staring at him lovingly. Harry let out a small yawn before looking down, seeing their daughter having done the same. She looked up at him with her big eyes before she, and this is the only way to describe such, seemed to curl into his chest more.

It was very much the same way that Daphne hid in his chest during the morning.

Although, from where Daphne was laid, she watched as her husband and daughter yawned together before looking at each other. Altogether, it was a loving moment for the new family.

"She's going to have you wrapped around her finger," Daphne said lightly.

"As long as she knows we'll always be there for her," He smiled. He would've shrugged but their daughter was asleep in his arms.

She leaned up and stretched lightly, "Are you going to have her today?"

"Most likely," Harry nodded. "Unless you take her from, I'm liable to hold her through Charms today."

Daphne slipped out of the bed, the shirt that she wore belonging to Harry. She walked around the bed to kiss him, "I'm going to take a quick shower and make a few more bottles."

He smiled against her lips lightly, "I'll get you clothes out and make sure I have everything I'll need for her."

Daphne had Ancient Runes with Tracey and Hermione that day. Harry had Charms with Filus that day. They were going to be testing the first years on their summoning charms.

Harry could only chuckle as he remembered his first-year Charms. Ron couldn't pronounce half the spells correctly. Seamus caught his feather on fire with the levitation charm.

He remembered how he had planned on pranking McGonagall with milk but got lost. He remembered being the target of Snape's pain and hatred of his parents. He could only look back and laugh at how he acted as a first year.

Roughly half an hour later, they were dressed and ready to head down to the Great Hall to start their day. Harry laid Kairos in her basket, not being comfortable with the many stairs, and they set off.

============================

For only being three weeks old, Kairos Iolanthe had certainly bewitched the entirety of Hogwarts. Well, nearly all of it. Snape was certainly an odd man. His eyes would flash with emotion whenever he saw the baby girl but his face always remained blank.

Harry asked him about it a few days after her birth. Severus only scoffed at him and explained that while the babe was the granddaughter of his childhood best friend, she was also the granddaughter of one of his early tormentors. He explained that James was a bit of a bully with his pranks but he was jealous of the close relationship between Lily and himself.