CHAPTER 33

ANNA

ANNA

After our table got cleared, Michaels gloomy attitude dissipated a little and I ordered some dessert. A chocolate fudge cake that I was eyeing for a while on the menu. We just sat in silence as I devoured every bit of the delicious goodness in front of me. And his eyes followed. I offered Michael some but he didn't want any, rather he feasts his eyes on my savory movements with the fork in hand. He swallows a few times, wetting his lips.

It's not like you were going to give him any way.

True. But that's not why he's staring.

The night sky appeared so dark but the stars scattered across made it a beautiful canvas to distract myself with.
I quickly steal a glance at the man before me. He's just casually sitting there looking so handsome, yet deadly.

I set my fork aside picking up the napkin, I wipe my lips. "Starring is rude." i say, trying to shake off the chilling effect but my cheeks betray me. Warmth filling them.

His lips tug up slightly.

Fudge

"I'm enjoying the view."

I roll my eyes at him, he grunts disapprovingly. "You've barely looked outside Michael." my fingers find the embroidered napkin again, tracing the pretty design. My nerves are wreaking havoc.

"I don't need to." he leans forward taking the material from my hand, before dapping the corners of my lips that I missed, clean. Then he filled the void in my hand with his fingers.

My stomach flutters. He clears his throat.

"Look at me." He says firmly, The authority in his voice.

I peered up. But his stare is intense, so I look away again.

"Anna."

I return my gaze, and he now bared a soft looking expression.

"I-" he pauses.

I scoot to the edge of my seat noticing his discomfort.

"Hey." I squeezed his hand. "What's wrong?"

His brows furrow. "Thank you. For, giving me another chance."

Oh.

I stutter softly.

"It's not like your selfish desire to get what you want would let you leave me alone." I tease, the urge to roll my eyes again.

He chuckles softly. A peaceful silence dispenses over us. A deep sigh rolls out of him. A little smile tugging at my lips; my eyes never leaving his.

"This is nice..." he trails off, eyes darting around quickly before settling back on me. Life has not been the best these past months. But I'll take my chances with this crazy man.